Chapter 30

I believe that the open doors we leave makes unexpected people or things come around you.
I know things are left unfinished with my dad's family , but now it's time to finish these things and solve the problems.

I take my time to stare at the people in front of me . Nonna was still that elegant lady I used to see when I was a kid. Elegance was pouring down from her fancy clothes and extravagant perfume . She had my father's eyes and her silver hair reached her shoulders , she made the silver hair look trendy.
Next to her stood Leonardo , he grew up to be like I imagined him to be . Tall with broad shoulders , black wavy hair that reached his ears . His eyes were now with a darker shade of blue.

"mia cara bella " my grandmother cries and hugs me.

"Hello bella " Leonardo smiles.

I pull away and take a step back and gesture them to the living room.
I sit on the chair as They sat In front of me on the couch.

"Nonna , Leonardo how are you?" I smile.

"We've been fine , how about you dear?"
Grandma says.

"I'm more than fine actually I'm a senior now " I say in enthusiasm.

"I'm a junior in college now " Leonardo
replies .

"Oh wow what faculty did you get in?"

"Engineering " he says reminiscing.

"That's good I'm happy for you " I genuinely say because I remember how he used to love building towers with legos .
We stayed quite for awhile until I decided to speak.
"So I guess you knew where I was from Marco right?" I ask eagerly.

"Oh yes we did . He's a great guy " Leonardo mentions.

"How is he bella ? Are you two getting along ?" Grandma asks curiously.

"He'a fine really , he's the missing piece that I was missing in my life. " I say reassuringly.

"Good good " she responds.

"How about you come to Italy with me and Leonardo dear? It's the holidays and I'd love to take you home " she says hopefully.

"Nonna as much as I appreciate that you want to take care of me and be a part of the family back in Italy .. but this is my home , I don't know Italy and all my memories are here "

"And I know you don't only mean the holidays"
I continue.

"Bella .. " Leonardo begins.

"No Leonardo let me finish " I say before he continues.

"You have to accept mom Nonna , she's my mom and whatever reason that you have against her to not like her it's probably wrong. I know my mom and I've seen her try so hard to gain your acceptance " I finish.

She looks at me absorbing the information slowly and nods "alright I'll give her a chance , but you have to promise me that you'll think about coming to Italy "

"I promise " I say in a heartbeat .

"Okay then you should stay for dinner , I'd really love to make a meal for you " I smile excitedly.

"Oh my I'd love to try your food my bella " she says in sincerity.

"Well let's see what you've got " Leonardo challenges.

Leonardo and i went to the kitchen , and Nonna sat in the living room to watch tv.
"Okay I want you to get me the vegetables and wash them " I say to Leonardo as I tie my hair up in a pony tail, I was going to make Caprese salad with pesto sauce.