Chapter 12

I'm not ready.
I always preferred to be in control.
I calculate things and I plan things even if the results are bad , at least I expected that it's going to happen.
But something out of the blue to knock me off the ground , is what makes me uncomfortable and sometimes vulnerable.
I blink a couple of times and laugh a nervous laugh.

"I'm sorry you must be mistaken , I don't have a brother "

"No no please wait , your father is Collin.. his nickname back in Italy was "colli" right?" He says.
And he was right , he even pronounced the nickname in the right way, nobody knew the right pronunciation except the ones who were close to dad.

"Who are you?" I say my voice breaking at the end.

"I'm Marco ,Can I please come in, and I'll explain everything ?" He asks speaking in an understanding tone.

I guided him in and he had a suitcase with him which I didn't notice, we sat in the living room .
I closed the Tv and sat across him .

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask.

"No thank you " he says.

"Nice place , I like the decor " he smiles.

"Thank you"

"Did you come here , right after you landed at the airport?" I say eying his luggage.

"Yeah I did " he says excitedly.
I don't say anything and wait for him for his explanation as he promised.

"O okay" he says and cleared his voice.

"My mamma lele , she recently passed away and Uhm a couple of days ago I was living my life knowing that my father was dead before I was even born , but all that changed." He says smiling.
I waited for him to continue , without any expression visible on my face.

"Uhm anyway so I was moving to a small apartment, so I could rent mamma's house, and while I was packing I came across An old photo album that was in her closet , I found a photo where me and colli were on the beach in 1994 and that's 2 years after I was born. " he says.

"So I started to ask like a mad person about him , but gradually I started to give up , so I stopped looking for him but I  placed the photo on the wall behind me when I work , so if anyone recognizes him , they can tell me."

"Until I accidentally stumbled across your nephew Leonardo during my shift at the casinó"

"Leonardo Ricci ?" I ask in confusion.

"Cí that's him ".
Me and Leonardo were good friends back in my childhood days. I even had a crush on him but he never knew, he used to visit in the holidays but ever since dad's funeral he never showed up , well technically all of the family .

"And what did he tell you?" I ask.

"He wasn't surprised , he told me that Collin was married to my mom for 3 years and just one day mom took me and disappeared , no one knew why ,she left without even telling collin ,but he told me that he passed away..and then about you. " he says.

"Uhm can I go to the bathroom?" He asks taking off his jacket.

I blink and focus on what he was saying , and guided him to the bathroom then sat down trying to gather all the new information he said.
I never doubted dad even when unexpectedly a guy came out of the blue saying that he was my brother , because even if I didn't know that dad and mom were married in 1996, I still remember how he smiles instantly when he sees mom smiling, he loved her soo much.