Chapter 27

Don't ignore the signs. When you think it's just the middle of a sunny day when it's the start of the pouring rain .
Since I was young I've always loved to stare at the sky with it's pretty stars . One day it was a black night with only one star , it was shining bright and powerful for anyone to see, after awhile I saw it moving . That's when I figured it was an airplane but just far away that I thought it was a star.
I learned that not all things are what they seem to be, you just have to look harder and not judge too soon.
My heart fell into my knees , I didn't know what to do again.

I stare at the letter in his hand , that was waiting for me to take it.
"How ?" I say disturbed.

"Everything is explained in here , please take the letter and go inside "he replies.

"I want to hear everything from you , how did you meet my father?" I ask quietly.

He sighs and takes away his hand.
"I was with my brother Jae when the accident happened .." he begins.

"He was drunk and We were fighting over something .. your dad was passing the street and that's when the car hit him" he admits looking at anything else except me .

I take a breath out and wipe my tears that was now flowing and wait for him to continue.
"I was conscious .. but Jae was blacked out " he narrates .

"I got out of the car to your dad , crawled to him. He was lying on the ground but he was still breathing "

"I tried to help , but I was too weak "
He continues.

"He was talking. Something about his daughter and the daisy flowers he wants to give her , pointing at a house " he says looking at the house behind me . Oh dad he was worried about the daisies he promised to give me , even in his last minutes he thought of me. I cry and put my hand over mouth in shock.

"And that's when I passed out " he laughs a sad laugh.

I stay silent for awhile and ask cautiously.
"You were also the person who sent me daisies at the doorsteps after the funeral?"

"Yes .."

"That was also when I sent the first letter .. The daughter he mentioned was you in the end.. it was you bella " he says still trying to accept the astonishing fact.

"Why did you write the letter J?" I ask confused.

"If Jae was alive he'd write you letters saying he was sorry.. that's what he always did when he was wrong , and I thought it was the least right thing i could do " he states.

"It was an accident .. It was your brother's fault for being drunk I admit that , but you have nothing to do with it "I say trying to think straight while processing what he was saying.

"You didn't have to do this " I say and sniffle.

"Arthur.. let's get inside and just sort it out okay?" I say and take a step towards him.

"It's not only about this .. " he says stopping me.

"I have SDAM .. severely deficient memory "he explains.

"What is that?" I say uneasy .

"It means that I can't recall anything that happened in the past nor relive its experiences.. it means that I can forget that you ever existed .. I can have recollection of meeting you but No recollection of my memories with you .." he says tears building in his eyes.

"How! you were normal when we were together ..and you remembered what happened 5 years ago and .. what about the facts that you know? " I stutter distraught and frightened by what he just said wanting to question it.