Guest Author:-Part 16

I need to clear my head. Let's just focus on class. I can't let this distract me from my school work.

In the rowdy classroom sits Bai Ying Ai who was currently scrolling through her phone with her earbuds in. Usually she would be reviewing class materials but the earlier incident really rattled her.

I asked, "Umm... Bai Ying Unnie? Are you alright? You left so fast back there I thought you saw a monster."

"Too tall."

"Huh? I'm sorry?"

"N-Nothing! Nothing at all! I'm sorry for worrying you. It's just... tall people are really intimidating, especially sin-...... for someone as short as me. And that guy was very tall. My fight or flight instincts took over and decided it would be for my survival to flee."

"Ahh, gotcha. Don't worry, I would want to leave too if someone intimidating tried to get in my space. Oh by the way, do you have the packet that Mr. Chang had given to us last week?"

Chang Sutu or Mr. Chang as we called her was our Math professor. A handsome man with long black hair and bright amber eyes. Under a certain light people have described them as looking almost red.

"Yeah I have them. I was reading through it and I'm sure I understand it completely."

"Then how about we do some studying after classes finish? We can find a quiet place and look over the material together."

"Ah! That sounds great. I know a place we could study too. It's a cafe called Paljin Tea. It's quite quiet and they have really good drinks."

"That sounds good. We can go later today if you have time."

"Alright. Now hurry and take your materials out before Mr. Chang comes!"

The day passes and classes end for the day as the sun begins to set.

Ahh, I'm finally free. Now I can go meet up with Bai Ying Unnie. And I didn't even think of that charcoal jerk once during class.

As I walked down the street while looking at Moogle Maps I spotted the cafe Bai Ying Ai was talking about. It's a small, homely looking corner cafe located near a big intersection. Small plants are placed on the windows and some are even hanging down. A little board with the words "Welcome!" written in white chalk stands in front of the door. I see Bai Ying Ai at a table setting up studying supplies.

I walk inside and is greeted by the worker. Hanging above the cash registers are three large T.V screens displaying the menu. The lights are warm and slightly dim creating this calm atmosphere. I can faintly hear Magic Shop playing in the background. I walk towards Bai Ying Ai and lay my belongings on the table.

"Hi Bai Ying Unnie, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long?"

"No no, I wasn't waiting for very long. I got here a few minutes ago and I wanted to wait for you so we could order our drinks together."

"Thanks for waiting. Let's go order now."

We headed to the cashier and stared at the menu... and stared at the menu... and still stared at the menu.

Looking at this menu is making my head spin. There's so many drinks I could order and they all sound so good!

I look over at Bai Ying Ai and can see her furious stare at the bright monitors. Her eyes are comically wide and almost look as if they're bulging out of her head.

I think she might have reached Nirvana.

After staring at the screens we finally ordered our drinks. I decided on a coconut smoothie and Bai Ying Ai settled on a green tea boba drink. Thankfully there was no one behind us so we weren't holding up the line. We headed back to our table and tested our drinks.