Prologue - Memories

One day in the month of march, Hinata Hyuga was heading towards the ninja academy in order to inscribe. When she was walking along a part of a forest where snow was still in the ground, she found herself surprised at being surrounded by three bullies.
- Oh but if you're truly the Hyuga's daughter, give us a demonstration of your byakugan!
- Do you know about the back luck of the byakugan, idiot?
- Are you a ghost or what? The spirit of the byakugan!
At that moment, when she thought she couldn't stand it anymore, a hero appeared in front of her.
- Hey! It's not ok to pick up on girls! Leave her alone! - It had to be him, who else, who show up to help Hinata in such a critic situación.
A little boy with a scarf around his neck, who did not doubted a second to face all three bullies, even though each of them were a least one head taller that him. Each time the boy spoke, the kids bursted out laughing.
- And who are you?
- I'm Naruto Uzumaki... the future Hokage! - He barked as he stood up against the three bullies who keep their ground, although with one foot in the front and one in the back, just in case they needed to run away. Hinata gave him her support from the deepest of her heart.
Few minutes later, the boy lay on the ground, totally beaten and unconscious. Just after trying and failing with the clone jutsu. All three boys gave Naruto the beating of his life.
- How are you going to be the future Hokage if you're nothing more than a skinny kid!
Afterwards all three bullies took the boy's scarf to play, stamp on it and leaved it torn into shreds, as they walked out laughing.
They left the poor boy unconscious, with a half open mouth and barely able to move. Hinata dusted away some of the snow that had fallen on him. Then, still with numb body, he began to open his eyes and, as soon as regained consciousness, stood up with a jump and into a fighting position.
- This isn't going to stay like this! I still have some jutsus that... ah! It hurts!
Moving his hands up to his face, he fell down due to the pain.
- Does ir hurt a lot?
When Hinata approached, she saw the boy swollen lip, which was dripping blood.
- This is nothing for someone like me...
- Here... those guys took it and... - said Hinata, as she gave Naruto the scarf which all three boys had torn.
- I don't... don't needed...
- I'm so sorry... if it's ok I can... - she said while unwrapping the scarf she had around her neck. The boy, as soon as he realized what she was going to do, stopped her with his hand.
- No need... see you around! - he said as he got up and started to walk with a little limp.
- Thank you very much! - answered Hinata, offering a deep reverence to the boy, who was now far, giving her his back.
- This is nothing for someone like me... - said the boy turning around to show a bright smile and he ran away with more speed.
The boy was weak, but it had not stopped him from facing a stronger enemy in order to help a strange girl. Hinata stood there, strongly grabbing what was left of the scarf he had left behind.
                                   *
From inside one of the classrooms in the Ninja Academy, cricket's could be heard.
- Imagine that tomorrow would be the last day on Earth, who would you like to spend it with?
When Iruka Umino asked that question from the front, the laugh of Naruto Uzumaki filled the whole room.
- But how is it going to end? What a nonsense!
- Imagine... for example... that the Moon falls down on Earth - answered Iruka to Naruto.
- I say... wouldn't it be better if Earth would disappear because a lot of meat fall instead of the Moon?
That was Chōji Akimichi's answer as he looked up the ceiling, causing the whole class to burst out laughing.
- If the Moon were to fall on us, I'll protect you Sakura - It was the statement made by an over confident Naruto to his next seat classmate, Sakura Haruno.
- And why do you have to protect me? I much rather nobody would protect me! - Replied Sakura as she turned her head to the other side.
- Did you get it? Now everyone must write one name in the piece of paper. Who do you want to spend the day with? Who would you like to be with? Please write the name of that person.
The exercise was not much of the liking of the students, some grabbed their pencils with an "baaahhh".
Naruto looked around and started to feel down as he saw all his classmates were writing somebody's name. Most of them were writing mom or dad. Something pretty natural considering it was a class of small children.
<< I don't know my father nor my mother>>
- I'm sure there's got to be someone... just write the first name that pops into your head. Be honest with yourself - whispered Iruka to Naruto as he passed his side, giving him a little tap on the head.
<<First name that pops into my head... Who could it be?>>
As much as he thought, Naruto could not come up with a name. So he put the pencil under his nose a started to think hard.
For then, a blushed Sakura had already written <Sasuke Uchiha>. As Sasuke himself just stared out the window in a typical boring pose, resting his shin on one hand.
<<Since I don't have friends... It's clear that I'm more alone than the one...>>
Naruto could not write a name, he only got more desperate as time advanced.
So leaving the thought behind, decided on making a paper plane and throw it out the window.
- May I know what are you doing Naruto? Why have you thrown out the paper through the window.
- This exercise is absurd. We all know that the last day on Earth will never come...
- That's why I was telling you to imagine that...
- And I tell you it will never happen!
The paper plane followed his path, flying by. Hinata, who hadn't stopped looking at the situation, slightly smiled as she looked at Naruto from the corner of her eye. Then she started to write someone's name on her paper.