Chapter 2 - Road To Hanabi - 2.1

A meteor passed above Shikamaru's head with a thunderous sound. Leaving behind it a tail of light, and vanished off to the mountains. In a moment, a deafening sound and a huge column of smoke, more like a nuclear explosion, corroborated the explosion... How much damage did that column of smoke hide?
Shikamaru opened the palm of his hand and checked one more time the floating watch, it marked that the time left for the destruction of human kind, was still the same. The group was flying above the woods where Sai had lost sight of Hanabi and the enemies. They did not forgot that Hanabi was also a ninja and that, somehow, she might have left a clue. Shikamaru and the others had separate birds, made out of a painting by Sai in his parchment, scouting the area.
Sai, Shikamaru and Sakura, each one flew on a bird, while Naruto and Hinata flew together in another. The enemy was searching for Hinata. So as to protect her, it was decided she would be partnered with Naruto, the strongest in the expedition. Naruto's scarf moved with the cold wind. Behind him, Hinata, using her byakugan, searched the ground.
In a moment, she found something unusual on the snow surface. The handle of a kunai was partially visible above the snow. Rapidly she touched Naruto on the shoulder to ask him to descend. As soon as the bird touched ground, Hinata jumped from it and dig up a kunai from the snow. A small pink doll was hanging from it.
- This is Hanabi's kunai.
- It is possible that Hanabi dropped it here on purpose for you to find it.
When Hinata used her byakugan on the kunai, she could feel the chakra of Hanabi, although very mildly. The chakra continued to the deeps of the woods, as if leaving a trail. Plus, with her byakugan, she could see the entrance of a cave to the northeast.
- There is a very deep cave... It goes into the depths of the Earth... There is a glowing spring at the end.
- Let's go there and see what we can find... - Shikamaru said as he came to where they were standing.
*
In a room of an isolated castle, Hanabi was sleeping on a bed in a very luxurious guest room. The door opened very lightly and through it a handsome young man entered. It was Toneri. Just like before, his eyes were still closed. He placed his hands over Hanabi's eyes, who was still sleeping, as if he was trying to feel something.
- I like it... A blood barrier technique... A fresh and genuine byakugan from the Hyuga.
Then Toneri, overjoyed, opened his eyes... and his eyes sockets were empty. He had no eyes.

********************************************
Next chapter is the one with the Genjutsu!