Chapter 2.2

The entrance to the cave, although hidden by thicket, was open. They all went inside looking around just in case. There wasn't anything to make them suspect that the enemy could appear. As they moved deeper they came to a huge opening of limestone.
Looking up, they found an inscription in the ceiling. A enormous ninja symbol.
- That letter is "a" meaning "aun" - Sai told Shikamaru.
- It might means 'here begins everything'.
Inside there was a glowing spring of clear water, so deep the ending could not be seen. Even Hinata with her byakugan, was unable to see anything through it, her vision field was distorted. The spring was the deepest point in the cave, without any other path leading anywhere else deeper.
- Hey, Shikamaru. Won't you tell us we will have to get in there?
Naruto felt uneasy.
- Well yes...
- Are we going to get wet?
- Right.
- What do you mean with right?
Naruto hurried to remove his scarf and place it in his backpack.
- What is your problem with getting your scarf wet? Oh, you're like a little child...
- It's important for me.
Naruto answered to Sakura's mock. Hinata, standing beside them, diverted her eyes somewhere else.
- I don't think you need to remove your scarf - Said Sai as he took some of the water from the spring - This water, it doesn't wet...
The team guided by Shikamaru, got into the darkness of the spring, swimming towards the bottom. The water was filled with floating micro organisms, which gave the illusion of being snowing. Could that tilting belong to bioluminescent insects?
Beyond the bottom of the spring, it appear to be a subdued light, as if the surface of the water fluctuated. As they got nearer, they came to the conclusion of its being the surface of the spring. The surface of the water spring was at the bottom of itself. It could be a trap, yes... but they needed to keep going forward.
Then, Naruto and the others looked at each other and took the decision to go through the bottom of the spring. In just an instant, all five sank in the darkness. Without knowing exactly why, they were surprised.
The place in which they now were, was like a cylinder, surrounded by stone walls. Although they should be falling, the total darkness of the place, kept them from knowing if they were up, down, right or left. They did not even know how long they would keep falling. Then a light appeared beneath them. It was getting closer and closer, until they saw that the light was a bubble.
- Let's go towards it!
The bubble opened and involuntarily, they closed their eyes.
When Naruto opened his eyes, he was inside a class at the Ninja Academy. He had gone back to the time he was a small child. That classroom made him feel nostalgic. Sakura, Choji, Shikamaru... All of them were as before.
<<Sakura has become small all of a sudden>>
Then, Sensei Iruka started talking.
- Imagine that tomorrow would be the last day on Earth, who would you like to spend it with?
- But how is it going to end? What a nonsense! - answered Naruto, exactly as he had done in the past.
<<Ah? I... Feel like... Like as if I have say the same I said before...>>
- Imagine... for example... that the Moon falls down on Earth.
- I say... wouldn't it be better if Earth would disappear because a lot of meat falls instead of the Moon?
The answer Chōji Akimichi's gave, caused the whole class to burst out laughing.
- Ha ha ha... come on! How is the Moon going to...?
Shikamaru looked through the window towards the sky. Suddenly he was pale.
- The... the... the Moon...!
Outside, a Moon of no less than 500 meters of diameter, was falling.
- Aaaaaaah!
Panic spreaded inside the classroom. In an instant, the Moon fell over the academy, destroying the whole building. The impact generated a cloud of dust. Naruto, coughing relentlessly, closed his eyes.
<<Is this a dream? Have I gone back in time? No, this isn't the past... the Moon hadn't fallen over us back then...>>
When he opened his eyes, Naruto was standing in a wide and open place. All of his friends were around him, looking at him from a distance.
- Ah?
His arms and legs were longer than before. There was someone in front of him... Kiba Inuzuka!
- Hey Naruto! Prepare!
Kiba was completely decided and ready to fight against Naruto.
<<Can't be... this is... the chuning exam!>>
- Wait Kiba! Give me a minute!
- Idiot! In a real fight nobody is going to give you a minute! Gatsuuga!
Kiba, standing in hands and knees, pounced over Naruto as if he were a wild animal.
- Aaaaaaah! Wait!
Naruto, who was about to run away, ended up smashing against the wall, but there was no impact. He got through the wall to the other side. And, at the other side, there was the fight against Pain!
<<And now I get... Pain?>>
- Bansho Tein!
Suddenly, as he made the jutsu, Pain attracted Naruto towards himself, grabbed and smashed him against the ground to, next, stab him with long black bars in his hands.
- Aaaargh!
At that moment, Hinata appeared to protect Naruto, who was unable to escape from Pain.
- I won't let you harm Naruto!
- Hi... Hinata... Why have come here...?
- As long as it is to protect you Naruto, I'm not afraid to die! Because I love you Naruto.
- Hi... Hinata... He is too strong for you... If we keep up like this, he will defeat us both.

Inside of the giant bubble, there was cero gravity. All five members of Shikamaru's team fell asleep, floating inside the bubble.
<<In this state of "simulated sleep" which is not even half normal... we are under the effect of some ninja technique!>>
Sakura was the only one who, desperately, tried not no fall asleep, but naturally, her lids began to close.
- Sa... Sasuke? - Sakura whispered, her eyes now closed.

Sasuke was standing there, smiling in front of Sakura.
- It's you Sasuke!
Just as Sakura was going to run towards Sasuke, who was inviting her to come closer, suddenly she stopped and turned her head, as in denial of this situation.
<<No this can't be! This isn't the Sasuke I know!>>
In a second, everything she was seeing got distorted.
<<This isn't a dream... This is an Genjutsu!>>
Then Sasuke, Naruto, Ino, Tsunade and everyone else appeared holding on to Sakura as if they were testing her. The whole time she was under the illusion, her chakra was controlled by the enemy. Nonetheless, Sakura had managed to remain slightly conscious. In the past, Kakashi had already told her she was an illusionist type of ninja.
Thanks to that, her Sensei had taught her a way to get out of an illusion in case she ever found herself under the effects of one.
<<I just got to cut the chakra flow and regain the flow of my own chakra>>
With meditation she cleared her head from thoughts and emptied her mind. The flow of chakra stopped and the illusion of Sasuke and everyone else disappeared in an instant.

Inside the gigantic bubble, Sakura opened her her eyes.
- Hey! Wake up! This is a genjutsu!
Her teammates floated around her, being in a state of hipnosis.
- Come on guys! Please! Wake up! - She yelled, but didn't managed to wake anyone.
Naruto and Hinata were 'sleeping' together, their foreheads touching one another. While sleeping, Hinata turned over herself and the red scarf 'escaped' from the backpack, to wrap around Naruto's arm.

Naruto had returned to a scene of a class of Iruka.
- Do you understand? Imagine that tomorrow was the last day on earth. Who would you like to spend it with? Who would you like to be with? Please, write the name of that person.
The students began writing all at once. Naruto, filled with curiosity, lean forward, just to see what names were his classmates writing. Sakura had written 'Sasuke Uchiha'.
<<Crap! Was that what actually happened?>>
Suddenly he noticed Hinata, he got a look at
her paper and saw she had written 'Naruto Uzumaki'.
<<Eh? Why Hinata? Why me?>> Naruto thought, meditating.
<<If Sakura wrote the name of Sasuke, is because she was always in love with him... Then you, Hinata? Why?>>
Then Hinata looked at were Naruto was sitting and a sweet smile formed on her lips.
- Ah...?
The scene then changed. He was back in the fight against Pain. Hinata was standing in front of him, defying him in order to protect a wounded Naruto.
- As long as it is to protect you Naruto, I'm not afraid to die! Because I love you Naruto.
<<She loves me? Love... Whenever someone would ask me about what I love, I always said ramen... I love ramen...>>
- Because I love you Naruto.
<<No... Hinata is talking about a different kind of love!>>
Hinata attacks with her twin lions jutsu, but was counteracted with Pain's sky control jutsu.
<<That means Hinata lo... lov... lov...>>
- Naruto! Wake up!
Sakura's voice was calling Naruto from somewhere.
- Sakura?
When he looked around, he saw Sakura running from a far and reeky battlefield.

Then, Naruto got a slap on the face.
- Hey, that hurts...
- This is a genjutsu... Everything in here is from a genjutsu! None of this is real! - Sakura told Naruto as she infused some of her chakra in him.
He had just regained his consciousness, but everything around pointed that, somehow, he had been sleeping inside of a gigantic bubble. And suddenly, Naruto's sleepy eyes opened. Shikamaru and Sai were next to him, with Hinata, who was looking at him with a concern face.
- You're finally awake - Sakura said with relief.

——————————————————
Sorry not sorry for the long wait, I was invited to the beach and of course I said yes and then I forgot to bring the book 😅. Anyway now I am back so here it is! Hope you are enjoying this history.