Chapter 4 - War Diary of Pure Love - 4.1

The moment for the Earth's destruction was approaching as the minutes went by. The huge shelters against bombs of the Hidden Leaf Village, were filling with hundreds of citizens. They were all scared and nervous.
Iruka had the task to gather the children and tell them stories. Since he was a teacher, it was his mission to protect those children. However, Iruka did not had any of the strength required to destroy one of the many and gigantic meteors which kept falling down. He was able, at least, to make the children forget some of the dread of what they were going through and their hearts had calmed... With that in mind, he started to read them a book.
- Once upon a time, two little crabs, bla, bla, bla....
Brrrrrrrrrrr.
The shelter trembled and an awful noise sounded everywhere. The fall of a huge meteorite was certain. The children did nothing but looking at the ceiling, with unease. Even Tsunade, how was using her medical skills with the wounded, stopped her treatment for an instant.
Boooooooom!
A deafening sound was heard everywhere. The children began to tremble.
- Is all right... the noise is from far. It has fallen outside of the Village... Well, let's continue with the reading!
Iruka smiled at the kids and proceeded telling them the story. 

As a result, a huge crater had been form inside the Village and the nearby areas had been seriously damaged, due to the fire and explosions.
- Is there anyone left? Everyone has been evacuated to the shelter, except those ninjas who are on a mission.
Kiba Inuzuka, who was wearing a vest in which it could be read "rescue group", hurried alongside his friend, Shino Aburame, searching for for someone who had been left behind, mounted on top of his ninja dog, Akamaru.
- Hey, Kiba!
From behind, Shino pointed to something.
It was the ramen restaurant, Ichiraku. It's owner kept working in the place as usual, without going to the shelter.
- Hey, sir! What are you doing?
- Can't you see? I'm preparing the ingredients... If I don't prepare them, tomorrow I won't be able to cook ramen!
The owner grumbled with energy as he washed the pork elbows, one by one, to put them inside the cooking pot. Looking at the sky, burning pieces of the meteor could be seen soaring through the sky.
- There is no point to worry about tomorrow's ramen... because probably, today will the end of the world.
That was certainty true, yet the way which Shino spoke it, got Kiba mad. It was supposed he was already used to Shino's tone of voice, but in a state of emergency, Shino's tone had sounded too blunt. And yet it was not only his tone which got Kiba so irritated.
The truth is that his insides were gnawing for not having been chosen as member of the search team for Hanabi Hyūga. The mission consisted of following the track of a girl who had been kidnapped, Kiba was convinced that nothing could beat his and Akamaru's great olfactory abilities. But the person who had been chosen for the group, had been Hinata.
Is not like there was a big difference between Hinata and himself, but he wanted his last mission on Earth to be more showy than something so simple as being part of the rescue group. Just as Kiba was about  to discharge his anger over Shino with a sarcastic remark; the owner opened his mouth once again, without stopping from his work.
- For me is the same if today is the end of the world! As if is the end of the universe! Maybe tomorrow will come... Or not. I still plan of doing my best today, right now. I will finish doing my job... Because ramen is my path... It's my life. Hum.
Although it was not really his intention at all, those words sounded into Kiba's ears as a reprimand.
<<Well, you have defeat me, sir! And with a single hit, moreover!>>
Kiba rushed Shino and Akamaru to help the man with his preparations.
- Even though we recognize that this men is right in which is concerned about his "path of ramen", what logical reason is there for us to stay and help him?
- Shut up! Just because I feel like it! And that's it! - Kiba roared, angry with his lazy teammate words, as he washed more pork elbows.

Afterwards, Chōji had just finished talking with Kiba a and Shino in the headquarters of the air forces, when he received a message from the fire extinguisher group. Kurenai, with Mirai in her arms,  had gone back to her apartment, now in flames, to pick up the belongings of the late Asuma. Chōji immediately ran towards Kurenai's apartment, which was about to collapse.
The fire extinguisher group, integrated by ninjas who used water techniques, kept throwing water, but the fire was not receding.
- Kurenai Sensei! Mirai!
Neither Ino nor Shikamaru could come, they were in charge of missions somewhere else. So he had no choice but to take care himself with the task of protecting the mother and her daughter. Without waiting, he rushed into the flames.
- Kurenai Sensei! Kurenai Sensei!
The cries of a little girl could be heard. Chōji kicked the door open and went inside.
Kurenai was not able to move, one of her legs was buried beneath a metal beam. She was laying in the floor, protecting Mirai with her own body.
The flames were approaching everywhere. Kurenai handled Mirai to Chōji.
- Save her! I'm begging you, please...!
The fire had began to consume the apartment, it was about to fall down.
Crac, crac, crac.... Crash!
The roof collapsed due to the fire, there were sparks everywhere as the apartment was consumed by the fire. In that instant, Chōji protected the mother and daughter with his Baika no jutsu.
- Argh!
His back was burning and a smell of burnt meat filled the place. Yet Chōji did not move; a picture of Asuma, behind a broken glass, had caught his attention.
- Asuma Sensei! I will protect Mirai as well as Kurenai Sensei! - Chōji said to his deceased Sensei picture.
He took them both in his arms and using his Nikudan Sensha, managed to get rolling out of there. The water extinguish group threw water at his back, still in flames.
Mirai seemed desolate as she watched how her mother was taking away in a stretcher.
- Don't worry Mirai! I'm sure mommy will get well soon!
There, as he talked with the little girl, he realized something.
<<Ah, sure... Mirai! I get it! It means the future!>>***
That made him remember what Kiba had told him in the headquarters.
- For example, even if tomorrow never comes, today we must live the present... Just as it always says the man from Ichiraku!
The truth was that this hole story got Choji to think. If the end of the world would really come tomorrow, the first thing he would do was to fill his stomach with fried chicken. But now, Chōji had changed his mind as he pronounced the name of Kurenai's daughter.
<<The future... I have been able to live my life to the fullest because I've believed in the future... Human beings are like this: we overcome difficult situations to get here!>>
Choji, a men from the Akimichi clan, shed some tears.
*
Hiashi Hyūga was wandering alone through a moor. Although he had fought against the ninja puppets and escaped from dead, he was severely wounded.
The only thing that kept Hiashi going was... the simple fact to let the Village know of the existence of a terrible plan. A men appeared in front of him and interrupted his path, watching him from where he stood. Hiashi prepared with his kunai, he gathered what chakra he had left and used his byakugan. He recognized the face of that men. He was a ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village.
In that instant, Hiashi collapsed, his strength had run out. The sky became red and a meteor passed above their heads and into the night. The face of the man lighted... It was no other than Sasuke Uchiha.
*
Next morning, Shikamaru and the others left the camping site above four birds made out of ink. Naruto was not fully recovered from his treatment and neither Sakura had recovered after having employed her chakra to the extreme.
- She is an amazing kunoichi. I told her she should leaved it to us, but she wouldn't listen - Shikamaru said.
He did not understand what was happening with Hanabi not Hinata. He could not comprehend what mighty opponents were waiting for them, beginning with Toneri. Yet it was essential to have a capable medic ninja with them.
The birds, ascended with the morning air currents, little by little the went higher as the flew towards their destination. The group was in a great mood. Naruto fixed his gaze above his head, at the artificial sun, revealing the decision he had made. As soon as the ink birds where close enough to the artificial sun, a hoard of beastly eagles came out from the inside, the puppets ninjas of top of them. There were so many, they completely covered the sky.
- Hey! Cover me! - Shikamaru yelled to Naruto as he descended, placing himself beneath the enemy formation.
- Rasen shuriken!
On Naruto's rasengan, four blades of light grew across it and began to spin. Naruto swing it and threw it. The Rasen shuriken spinned faster and faster, drawing an arch on the sky and splitting in half the enemy formation. The shattered beastly eagles began to fall from the formation.
Shikamaru, whose object was one of those winged monsters, changed the curse of his ink bird and placed himself beneath the abdomen of one of the fallen eagles. When the shadow of the eagle covered Shikamaru's head, he let out a smile and made a seal.
- Kageyose no jutsu!
Using it, he was able to control both the movements of the eagle as well as the puppet ridding it. With a jump, he got on top of it and went towards the artificial sun.
When the puppet, whose movements were controlled by Shikamaru, did a seal, a door leading to the interior of the artificial sun opened.
- Let's go!
With Shikamaru as a leader, controlling the beastly eagle, the whole team managed to successfully penetrate into the artificial sun. The inside was an empty space. Several islands were floating everywhere in that space. Furthermore, there was another smaller artificial sun floating in there.
Gon! Gon!
The sound of a gong, heavy and low, came from the floating island shaped like a crescent Moon, which was in the heart of the empty space.
- We're inside the enemy liar!
As they approached, the islands became more visible. The one that appeared to have a crescent moon shape was, because, the mid part of the sphere had been lowered. In the heart of the place that had been left empty, there was another mass, like a small planet with round shape, floating.
Toneri's old fashioned castle was build on the top of the sphere shaped like a crescent moon. The moment in which Naruto and the others began to fly over the castle, they received violent shots from the air defense platforms.
There were like pistols that shot small light balls, but with a lot of strength. It was a bombardment. The birds moved right and left avoiding the enemy shots.
- Let's land in that square place!
The birds of Shikamaru and Sai landed on a squared place of the castle, open to the sky and surrounded by towers. The enemy also directed its aim to that place. The moment Shikamaru jumped from the birds, this was hit by a shot and exploded. He had saved by an inch. He had found a blind spot from the platform and used to hide. Sai followed him.
Bang, bang, bang, bang!
They were being bombarded from above.
Fiuuuum! Fiuuuuuum!
The bullets hit against the stone wall, bounced and passed near their ears. They ducked to avoid going out of the blind spot and be discovered. From a dense cloud of smoke, he checked Naruto and Sakura had also landed in the square place.
- Now we must go into the building, right?
- Got it!
After going through the plan with Sai, Shikamaru took out of his pocket a pair of gloves and put them on.
- You're doing it not to see the watch!
- It's troublesome. I'm constantly pending on it and I can't make smart decisions like that - he mumbled. Then got out running from the blind spot.
They ran towards the building, crossing through the enemy fire that fell from the sky. Naruto managed to reach Shikamaru. Naruto was in sage mode... he looked very serious.
- Hey, Naruto! Can you sense Hanabi's chakra?
- Hanabi is... in that tower!
Naruto looked around and pointed to one of the towers as he ran.
- You take care of Hanabi!
Shikamaru looked back and charged Sai and Sakura with Hanabi's rescue. The main task of the team leaded by Shikamaru was to rescue Hanabi. Nevertheless, now they knew they were on the Moon, they had another mission... They had to save the Earth. Toneri was their main enemy, he was quite skillful. Naruto's power was necessary to complete the mission.
Shikamaru's team split into two teams. The puppets ninjas went to attack Shikamaru and Naruto, who had gotten inside the castle. In a second, Naruto send to the air several of those puppets. Broken legs and arms from the puppets flew in every direction. Without making a stop, Naruto continued to ran through the hall.
<<Wow Naruto... He is highly motivated!>>
He seemed like a totally different person from the sullen and depressed Naruto from last night.
This Naruto was indeed ready to fight.

* "Mirai" literally means "future" in Japanese
————————————————————
Just want to say I'm not an expert in translating, yet I try and my best since I'm very rusty. So if you read something that is wrong, doesn't make sense or another word must be used. Please tell to make the proper correction.

Thank you for reading this story so far.
Lu