Chapter 2

Dereck's Pov:

I threw myself across the foot of my bed and panted. The sweat cooled on my skin as I caught my breath. A sharp pain to my ribs made me turn my head to the left.

"What was that for?" I wheezed. My best friend since diaper's laughed.

"Told you I could kick your ass!" He laughed.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that Vin. I let you win to keep that poor inflated ego of your's intact. Wouldn't want you having a nervous break down because you just can't ever compare to my perfection." I said cockily kissing my 'guns' like those douchy muscle men always do.

He laughed and lunged at me. Tackling me to the floor. I hit with a solid thud.

"Dude what the hell?" I whined.

He rolled his eyes and tightened his hold on my wrists. "Someone is in serious denial. I won fair and square. Now ya gotta pay the price." His eyes lit up and he laughed excitedly.

I shook my head. "Nope, No deal. So not going to happen. Never!!!"

"Awe come on! I'll be your bestest friend forever." He sing songed.

I laughed "Vincent James Ford. Are you trying to imply that we haven't been besties since the womb?"

"Ughh whatever, you my friend, suck." He complained.

I bucked my hips catching him by surprise and was able to get out from under him before he caught himself. He did an excellent face plant and I took this opportunity to be a really good friend. I yanked the towel off the back of my desk chair and whipped it at his bare back. A nice crack sounded followed by his hiss of pain.

"No I don't suck, wish I did though dontcha?" I teased.

I sighed dramatically and flopped back on the bed. "I always knew you were secretly in love with me"

"You wish bro, even if I rode the sausage train, I'd never lower my standards enough to play with your vienna sausage. The bigger the better is my motto" He said in the crappiest imitation of a girl's voice I'd ever heard.

He flopped on the bed next to me. "Fine I'll let you slide on this bet since technically you didn't actually agree to it. BUT I'm gonna get you to do it before the night's over and I'm gonna laugh my ass off when you do!"

"Yeah that's not gonna happen. I'm never gonna agree to that." I said smugly.

He wagged his eyebrows obnoxiously but all he said was "We'll see"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent's Pov:

I'm a genius! That's all there is to it. I'm sitting in our living room and watching our group of friends get drunker by the second. There's not too many here only about twenty of our friends. Yeah they are all friends. We are what you'd call the golden boys of our school.

We're on the football team, swim team, and basketball team. But we're not the cliche dumb jocks that everyone likes to stereotype. We make straight A's in all our honor classes and are in the student government and debate team. We're totally smart and nice for the most part.

And yes we do all of that together. We've been best friends since before we could even talk. When we were 4 we made a pact that whatever happened when we went to school we'd go through it and do it together. We've never broke it. Plus we're insanely competitive so it works well in our sports teams. Because we've pushed each other we're captain and co captains of every team we're on.