Chapter 34

Vincent's Pov:

Exhausted. That's the one word description for me. I walked into the cafeteria with Dare and sat at our table. Admittedly I've changed a bit these last two months. I think we all have. We all grew up a little quicker then we would have if tragedy hadn't hit this close.

Dare and Ariel have grown up but still retained their 'them-ness' Sammy is... not completely fine but she's been seeing a therapist and she's getting there. Slowly but surely she's regaining herself and moving passed all this.

Me, well I can see the changes but it's not for the bad. I've just matured a bit. I still goof and joke around with Dare, Ariel, Lisa, Jared and Mitch. I even got passed my issues with Robert.

However truthfully the last two months have been so hectic that I feel like I've been on autopilot during school. If you aren't in my close immediate circle then you're just part of the fuzzy background that I'm too busy to mess with.

I dropped my sports because between my class work and all the planing for the Veronica's Safe Haven, spending time with Sammy and squeezing in alone time with Dare. I've been incredibly busy.

All my down time was accounted for so I had no time for my sports. It's fine though, in fact it's helped. I insisted Dare stay on the teams so he doesn't have to give up something he loves just to sit at home and wait for me.

While he's at practice I go with Sammy to her therapist's office. Sometimes I'm just there for moral support in the waiting room but sometimes she has me in there with her.

Ariel has been great with her. When I leave Ariel goes over and they study or do each other's nails or bang or whatever. Essentially Ariel peps my sis up and that's all that matters.

I know I could hand off many off the decisions and 'project managing' to someone else but I want to be as involved as possible in these stages. I want to make sure my vision of what mom would have wanted is realized and the best way to do that is to be on the ball so to speak.

Peter was indeed convicted of capital murder a few days ago and the sentencing is tomorrow. So we'll be there. Personally I think the death penalty is too easy for that sorry sack of shit and would prefer that he sits and rots the rest of his life in a little 6x6 cell. Away from the cushy life of high society he's so accustomed to.

Hell I say give the bastard bread and water and one sheet of toilet paper every day for the rest of his life. Keep him locked in that cell away from anyone that'll talk to him. Unless it's some big stinky dude named bubba who's gonna bend him over a few times a day. Yeah I know I have a bit of anger to deal with.... I'll get there... eventually.

Dare kissed my head and slid over the tray he'd gotten for us while I was zoning out.

"I'm worried about you Vin. You're working yourself ragged."

I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I know baby but just another month or so and I'll be done with this part and have a lot more free time. In the mean time, spring break starts this weekend and it's you and me and a white sand beach and no phone calls. So I should come back fairly well rested."

Ariel snorted. "Yeah right, more like still exhausted and probably bow-legged from all the sex you'll be having to make up for not getting any the last couple of months."

Dare laughed his ass off. "Why in the hell do you think he hasn't had any? Hello haven't you met the horn dog?"

"Uh cause he's been overloaded and god forbid he delegates some of these things to other people. I just assumed at the end of the day he'd be too tired for the mattress gymnastics. Duh"