Chapter 3

Dereck's Pov:

I waited another half an hour and snuck to my room. I laid down on the bed and stared at my ceiling. Flashes of the past 17 years flew through my mind.

Am I gay? When did I begin to be okay with kissing guys?.

I snorted. Not just okay, really turned on by kissing guys. Is it all guys or just my Vin? Well I couldn't say since that was my first boy-boy kiss.

Going there never even entered my mind. But now, going there with Vin definitely has a certain appeal. Especially since I can still feel the tingles in my lips and feel the flutters in the pit of my stomach just thinking about it.

I think I should be spazzing out. More then I am anyway.

Straight guys are not supposed to want to make out with their guy best friend. They are supposed to freak and yell. Grab the first chick they see and reaffirm their straightness right? But I'm not soooo where does that leave me?

I sat up and grabbed my laptop off the nightstand. I searched gay p*rn and click on the first site I saw. If I'm totally straight this should turn me off right. So the b*ner I've been sporting since the kiss should shrivel up and die a quick death.

I watched for 10 minutes. Nothing, no change at all. It didn't go up or down. I wasn't disgusted but I wasn't all that impressed either. I didnt think the guys were all that attractive and some of it was just laughably over the top.

Maybe I'm not into guys maybe it's just that it was with my Vin.

I shut the laptop. That solves that.

Vin is the sl*ttiest manwh*re I know. Worse then me even. So that was a freak occurrence...He was probably picturing some chick and I was probably doing the same thing subconsciously.

Yep that's what it was.

There is no way that he's trippin on this. We can chalk it up to a drunken dare and laugh about my internal sexuality debate.

I walked back into the living room and sat back down in my spot. Vin shot me a quick look and blushed.

He looks sexy when he blushes.

WTH I ranted at myself. I thought we already agreed that we were gonna drop this.

But why was he blushing? Come to think of it, why do I blush around him when we're joking?

The party was almost over and Vin still hadn't said much to anyone. Shit I hope he isn't mad. He looked up and caught my stare for a split second before he stood up and walked away.

My phone vibrated and I grabbed it out of my pocket. Great this is exactly what I needed right now. I sighed, sarcasm really is not gonna help me out.

"What?" I growled into the phone as I walked away from my friends.

"Whats up with you cranky pants?" My annoying cousin Gigi whined.

"Nothing, Nothing at all. I'm good. Totally fine. Why? What makes you think anything is wrong? I'm not cranky. Are you drunk cause you're hearing things."

I heard her laugh. "Yeah. Whatever you say. Look I just got in from work and wanted to know if you wanted to come with me shopping. Ya know since school starts in like 2 days and ya know make a day of it. Have your super awesome, super hot, favorite cousin help pick out some hot threads that'll get ya a lot of snatch from all the little hoochies your last year of high school."

"I guess. I'll be over tomorrow. But please never ever ever say threads or mention me getting snatch from hoochies ever again"

She laughed "You got it hun. So I'll see y'all in the morning. Make sure you warn Vincent this time that we'll be shopping. Last time he got all pissed when you tricked him. Ughh he's so weird. Who hates malls? That's like hating Christmas. So unnatural."

I rolled my eyes and flopped down face first on my bed. "I don't know if Vin will wanna go. But I'll ask. See you tomorrow. Love ya"

I felt the bed dip and looked up to see Vin looking at me and rubbing his chest.

"Whats wrong?" I asked sitting up and nodding to his hand rubbing his chest. He shook his head and dropped his hand.

"Nothing just umm heart burn I guess. So umm I didn't know you had a girlfriend. When uhh do I get to meet her?"

I gagged. "Never... You know I don't 'do' girlfriends and if I did you would have met her already. That was just Gigi. She wants to drag us shopping tomorrow. But I already told her you wouldn't want to. So I guess I'll have to suffer alone while she finds me and I'm paraphrasing her quote 'hot threads that'll get me lots of hoochie snatch' I really worry about her sometimes"

He tilted his head to the side. "I'll go. Cant have you getting laid without me." His eyes widened and he blushed.

I felt my heart stutter and smiled. Awe my Vin just blushed for me.

"What I mean... Ugh that came out wrong.... Umm I meant that ..... I wouldn't want you looking hotter then you already......No I mean... Damn...you know what I meant." He stammered out looking nervous as hell for the first and only time in all the years I'd known him.

I blushed. "Are we gonna talk about that kiss? Are we okay?"

He laughed awkwardly and leaned back so he was laying and pulled me next to him. "Yeah, I think we kind of have to talk about it."

I nodded. "Okay. ....Talk."

He stared at the ceiling. "First off that wasn't a kiss, well I mean in the kitchen that was a kiss but the other one. That was..... umm more then just a kiss. So......." I felt him shrug.

I nodded. "I guess we have two options. We can drop it and never mention it again or we can umm ya know figure it out..... Whichever you decide wont change us. Well, ya know like no matter what we'll always be okay. ya know" I stuttered out.

I needed a slap. I sounded like such an idiot.

Vin sighed and turned facing me. "Look I have no idea where we go from here. But I think it's something we should both think about. I mean what happens if we try this and it doesn't work? What happens if we try this and it does work? What about when school starts? Can you honestly say you'd be cool with being all touchy feely in school? Yeah our friends laughed it off, but that was a dare and not all people are as chill as our posse. Trust me."

He leaned into me and I knew he was gonna kiss me. Did I want him to? What would I do if de did? Kiss back or push him away?

The answer was instantaneous. I'd kiss him back.

My heart beat sped up and my hands got clammy. Disappointment crashed down when all he did was give me his usual friendly hug.

"We don't have to make any life changing decisions tonight. Just sleep on it and we'll talk about everything when we're sober tomorrow. Or not. I know what I want and what I'm willing to do but the ball's in your court. If you want to pretend that tonight never happened that's cool. If you want something else...something more, that's cool too. I'll go with whatever you decide."

He finished his speech and finally gave me the kiss I've been craving. My heart sped up to a dangerous rate and heat rushed from my lips to the rest of my body. My stomach clenched and I fought the desire to pull him closer. To take it farther.

He levered himself up and walked to the door. "Just in case you're wondering what I was thinking, I think we should try. Like I said though, the ball's in your court Dare" He stated surely and walked out.