Chapter 31

Dereck's Pov:

I felt a splash of cold and wet and jerked up in response. My head was throbbing and my mind felt foggy and sluggish.

It took me a second to register that Mitch and Jared were standing by my bed staring anxiously at me, the rooms little trash cans dangling from each of their hands. I turned to my left and saw Vin with tears in his eyes watching me like I'd just grown another f*ckin head.

I turned back to my two best friends and glared. "That is so not sanitary. If I get some weird disease I'll lick both of your faces and give that shit to you." I growled dropping back onto the bed.

Jared and Mitch sat down on the other side of me. "Did you take anything? Do we need to call the hospital to have your stomach pumped? If you tried to kill yourself-" Mitch interrupted Jared's concerned questioning.

"I'll kick your f*ckin ass! How could you be so god damn stupid and selfish?" He hissed.

Before I could say anything in my defense Vin spoke up. "He didn't take anything. Can you guys give us a minute please?"

Mitch snorted. "Why? It's not like waiting outside is gonna give you much privacy."

"Then go to the damn vending machine and get him a something to eat and drink." Vin snapped back.

Jared grabbed Mitch's arm and began dragging him out. "Get him dressed so his body temp will raise and level out." He called as he walked out of sight.

Vin moved to hug me but I shrugged off his hold and gingerly stood up. He moved to assist me but a raised my hand in warning.

I walked slowly to the closet and grabbed some clothes out of the bag I had the concierge buy for me the other day.

I dropped the towel and dressed mechanically. "Sorry you guys got worried. I didn't mean to add anymore stress to everyone with all that's going on. Go home Vin and take care of Sams." I said quietly praying my voice didn't break.

He was here now because he was worried but not because he wanted me back. All that crap he spouted in the bathroom was because he was freaking out that I was at deaths door or something equally dramatic.

I wasn't. I'm fine. Heartbroken and exhausted but living so I guess that qualifies as fine.

I felt his arms slip around me from behind and even though I tried to shrug him off his tight grip didn't waver. Instead it tightened and pulled me closer, not a centimeter of space between us.

"I swear I didn't mean any of that. Please come home Dare. I.. it's not home without you. Just an empty house that holds all my best memories. Even with everyone there it's empty without you..... I'm so sorry baby. I know it's unfair to ask but I need you home with me. I... I..can't...My life isn't a life without you in it. I can make it through a lot of things but losing you will kill me. I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I lashed out at you and it was wrong and uncalled for and I swear I'll spend the rest of our lives making it up to you." He pleaded.

I sighed and leaned my head back against his shoulder. "But it was all true. If I hadn't bought those spa day tickets she would have been back in the south of France instead of here where your... Where Peter could hurt her. I basically killed her, just like I basically killed mom and dad. If I hadn't joked with dad he wouldn't have turned around to smart back at me and the wreck wouldn't have happened."

He spun me around and slapped me, crushed me in a hug and then took my breath away in a soul stealing heart wrenching tender kiss. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.