chapter 4

I'm trying to improve here...
So please vote and put a smile on my face

**************************

I don't have dark circles or do I? I questioned  the girl looking back at me in the large vanity mirror situated in my bathroom. Damn, yes it is quite dark, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Or is there?
Nahh.. I wouldn't use make-up foundation.

I wonder idly what else I could use apart from foundation while walking down the stairs leading to the lower living room

I head straight down to the kitchen, seeking mum out. I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with the anticipation of discerning my mother. I let out a silent sigh of relief when I found her conversing on a phone call in the kitchen, silently willing myself a silent prayer of confidence to talk to her.

"Good morning ma," I whispered, voice barely audible. She does nothing but stare at me and my heart free-falls into my stomach.

Oh no!

I took a ginger step towards her, walking further down into the kitchen and around the island to where she was seated legs crossed, newspapers in her hands while she sipped a hot tea with the other.

"Mum, are you mad at me?" I mumbled, a bit timid at her scrutinizing gaze.

After a short while, she sighed, reaching out for my hands and pulling me into a hug.
"
No, not at all." She whispered into my ear, affection seeping through her input.

"I'm sorry, I just can't seem to control it." I curl deeper into her arms inhaling the heavenly smell that always accompanied her.

"Its okay baby, i understand you. If not me, who else would understand?" She murmured into my ear and leisurely stroke my head with her fingers.

I smiled up at her, happy she was there for me. Glad she was always there for me. She was a mother I would always wish for.

"I love you baby." she breathes into my hair, inhaling me.

"I love you too mum." I nuzzled more into her, squeezing all that I could of her and I faintly let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

********************
The weather was that of a odd looking one today. A sunny afternoon also cool at the same time. The breeze blew through the windows of the classroom and I held onto my book to keep it from turning from the page I was.

A peaceful weather, a total illustration of Timi.
Timi, a distraction I had let get to me unconsciously. Raising my foot over the other, I made a decision. A decision I should have made sooner than later.

I think I let myself get a carried away a little.
Timi doesn't need a murderer in his life. In fact, no one needs a murderer in their lives.

Just go ahead and end your pathetic life.

"Hey, Temi." I focused my gaze on Sarah who was standing in front of me, hands akimbo and a odd looking expression gracing her face.

"Hey, girl. How are you?"I wasn't in the mood to lie so I managed to give her a small but sincere smile.

Sarah gave me a large grin and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "I finally told tunji I'll date him. "

"It's a lie, swear." I said, disbelief in my tone and a wide grin beginning to spread on my face.

Tunji, a guy I barely talked to but had exchanged a few words with on several occasions had been asking Sarah out for as long as I could remember. I think he had even harbored his feelings for a long time before finally having the balls to express himself.