Chapter 35

The breeze shoveled around, causing the collision of sets of trees, the flying around of students question paper as they rounded up the last paper for the examination. I was finished already, looking for a way to talk to Sarah as it had been precisely a month we had stopped talking. The West African Examination ended today with a subject of economics and I could already feel my shoulders sag from the tension I had been previously carrying.

We were to go home for a short break of a week before resuming back for the other exam, NECO. The weather turned disastrous as the shy darkened and the breeze increased simultaneously.

I got up from the designated hard well furnished wood chair linked together with a locker. It was tome, examination over. Time to finally take a short breathe and sleep for hours.

"Fine girl," Timi whispered as I passed by him, giving me a wink. I shook my head at him. Very silly boy!

"Good, you are done! Good luck and I pray you come out with flying colors." The examination coordinator said as he arranged my script alongside that of the other students who had earlier submitted.

"Thank you sir," i said while walking out of the large hall and into the empty hallways reserved for only examination purposes. Goose bumps rose on my skin as the wind took a toll, tumbling around, causing disputes among the trees outside, in between the gardens.

Slowly, I walked down the staircase, step by step, with the euphoria of a rest that I hadn't gotten for over a month. I couldn't wait for mum to come pick me as I was going home and away from the hostel today and I couldn't just wait.

Anticipation drizzled in me as I finally got to the last step leading to class. The door was closed and I realized I had been the only one to come down to the classroom. I glanced around, trying to located where I had placed my school bag earlier today.

Different bags were scattered around, burying the particular one I was looking for. I let out a an exasperated sigh as I began to search the whole floor, underneath locket desks, on top of chairs, wherever I suspected it might be but to no avail. I passed my locker and I decided to check.

It hadn't come as a surprise that the so called thing I had been looking for was under my own locker, directly under my nose!

You need to actually stop being careless. My subconscious raised her brow at me from her study desk, her glasses present on her face.

I picked up the bag just as a piece of paper fell from it.

I picked it up for you. Stop being careless.
-T_

A smile formed on my face at Timi's tenderness and I promised myself to give him a chaste kiss before going home. He deserved it. He was really so sweet I could almost awww.

"You know it's actually me that wrote that." I looked up to be met with Tunji's face and I immediately threw the piece of paper away like it was burning.

"I really don't have the time for this right now. I'm not ready to face this fact yet." I said taking my bag and making my way for the door.

"Oh, right! Sarah told you. Of course she did." He mumbled more to himself and as I paid him no heed as I walked past him.

His hands shut out to grab my mine and I snatched it away immediately. My hands on the knob, I stopped short as he whispered,

"Even if it concerns your Dad's accident?" I took a sharp inhale of breathe as I turned to look at him, almost snapping my head in the process.