Chapter 33

We were aligned and arranged vertically as the head teacher of the while senior secondary school three stood perimeters away from the entrance, calling each students name by surname, positioning them in seats by their surnames. I was dressed in my neatly ironed uniform as well as Timi who was standing next to me, towering over my form.

Tunji was stood not too far from Timi, with Sarah two heads away from me. I was giving her time, I had been doing that but it was starting to get on my nerves coupled with Timi not knowing anything about it. It had been like a burden I had been carrying on my shoulders with no one to help me.

Timi leaned on the railings leading to the hall we were settled for going with his hands circling it backward. He leaned forward, looking at me then leaning back also.

"Why are you looking at me like that, did I steal something from you?" I questioned as his gaze once again raised to meet mine.

"You are not nervous." He stated simply.

"Why would I be? Is it not just an exam?" I shrugged at him.

"True sha." He fidgeted a little as he glanced down at his Rolex wrist watch, a little bit impatient. I studied his actions as he moved his legs from a place to the other, his hands inside his pockets while the other one drummed lightly on the railings.

"Are you nervous?" I questioned, suppressing my amusement.

"Well, kind of sha, I don't even know why I feel like this."

"Haha, almighty Timi is nervous I joked as his head turned sharply to me. He shook his head and looked around, signaling me to quieten my voice.

"Why? You don't want people knowing you are nervous?" I whispered as Ope's surname was called from her position at the end of the arrangement.

"Yes, how would a whole head boy be nervous when his girl isn't even." He mumbled as Kora passed by us, waving a little and presenting us or rather Timi, her wide smile as her brown teeth caught the sun. Fine, her teeth were not brown but rather white. A very fine set of tooth.

Why was I talking about her tooth?

My eye rolled automatically as she sashayed her way up to the front.

"Are you jealous?" Timi asked as he caught me twisting my inner eye balls in the sake of rolling it.

"Why would I be? Is it that her small butt I want to be jealous of abii?

He threw his head back, laughing a bit as he brought a hand out, signaling me to spare him a moment. He inhaled deeply, trying to regulate his breathing and at the same time, trying to speak.

"So you are telling me now that you are the one with the big butt? It's not even big! and here you are, having the nerve to utter such words against someone else's butt." He managed to choke out as he continued to laugh even more this time, clutching both of his sides.

Did he just??? No he didn't! He just called my butt small! Oof.

"If I punish you, we both know who would be the one laughing at the end." I said cutting his laughter off.

"Oh no don't go there," he straightened up still trying to regulate his face to a normal one.

"I like the way your butt it is. I wouldn't have it any other way." He added, trying to sugarcoat.

"Yes I am. My man loves it like that." I said smugly as he mumbled,

"He sure does." He mumbled as he walked past as his name had been called by the HOD.

"See you later," I said after him as he swaggered past the other students entering into the hall.

Soon, my name was called and we were all seated in the examination hall with everyone scattered around with the different plastic chairs arranged horizontally and vertically.