Chapter 1: The New World

New World

When I saw the white lite and felt my body fade away I could of swore that I had just died however when I woke up in a strange room I new I was alive. I immediately felt my head and saw that there wasn't any blood my wound was healed. Next I saw that there was a dagger in my hand it had a gem int the center of the cross guard.

Next I saw that I wasn't the only one in this room. Other then the guys bowing in the robes there were other guys with normal clothes and weapons of their own. One guy had blonde hair and spear, another guy had long black hair and was holding a sword, the next guy had darker blonde hair and was holding a bow. The last guy he was the only one who seemed confused as to what was going on other than me. He had messy black hair and only a shield on his arm.

While I and the shield guy were confused the other guys were negotiating payment for them being here. I didn't care about money I wanted to know where I was and why I was here.

"Where am I?" the guy with the shield asked "I don't know man my guess is they do" I answered pointing at the guys in robes. "Listen oh great legendary heroes all of your questions will be answered" one robed man said. "The king of country king Melromarc will have all of your answers" another robed man said. They then began to lead us to their king. Without asking anything further I followed them as did the other guys.

Time Skip

We were now standing in a large throne room in this castle. Sitting in a throne above all of us was the king of this country and the man who had the answers us five needed. The king first asks us to introduce ourselves to him.

The guy with the sword went first his name was Ren Amaki he was the one with the sword. Next the guy with the bow introduced himself his name Itsuki Kawasumi. With that the guy with the spear was next his name was Motoyasu Kitamaru. My turn came up I stepped forward an gave my name "Y/N L/N". The king seemed uninterested in me he even ignored the guy with the shield. His name was Naofumi Iwatani.

"Hey there Naofumi" I whispered sticking my hand out "hey" Naofumi said shaking my hand. The king then began to explain to us as to why we were here. The king said we were teleported to this world to stop a threat known as the waves of calamity. The waves of calamity were interdimensional portals that opened in the sky and out came monsters. The portals would open up periodically dropping new monsters each time. It was our job to fight the monsters and make sure the waves would stop for good.

We were what was known as the five heroes. We were chosen to wield one of the five legendary weapons as champions. I wanted to know how we were going to get back to our world. The king said that in return for us defending his kingdom and their world our weapons had the ability to send us back to our own world to live in very favorable conditions or we could choose to stay here and be recognized and treated as heroes for the rest of our lives.

That answered two of my questions I had. When I returned back I wouldn't be dead I would be alive and well. I now knew what I had to do to get home. I was satisfied with my answers however I had this strange feeling about the king. Something just seemed off about him I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

The king said that we alone would not be able to fight the waves. So this coming morning we would be teamed up with a party of volunteers who would help us with our mission and increases our power. I had asked the king why we couldn't just form a party with all five heroes. The king answered in a condescending tone. He explained that the five heroes wouldn't be able to team up because our weapons wouldn't allow us to gain experience together.

That didn't honestly make any sense to me. It seemed like it would be a great idea for all five of us to team up. Our weapons would counteract all of our singular weakness. I wasn't in the position to question the king so I just went along with it. The king then sent us off to our room for the night.

Time Skip

When had we went to our room the night the five of us began to talk about what was going on. First we learned about status magic which told us about ourselves, our weapons and the various abilities that we share. Another important thing which was kind of freaky that we learned was that we all may be from Japan but we're from a different Japan from different Earths.

Both Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki had played games with a similar plotline to this world's problem all on different systems. I was going to create a game based off a book I found with a similar story to this world and what was going on. Naofumi was the only one who didn't have a clue as to what was going on he came here after reading a manga he found.

We all confirmed that our Japan's had a different history through some trivia. Actually Naofumi's Japan was the only one that was somewhat similar to mine. The only thing that was disappointing was that the guys all said that Naofumi's class was considered the "loser class" from their games. They said that while he would be able to defend against attacks from low level monsters at first but he has next to zero attack power and it won't increase his level.

I put my hand on his shoulder I told him that a shield is very useful. I brought up that in my world there were multiple animes and games where people who used shields were incredibly powerful. It cheered Naofumi up a bit but I could tell he was still bothered a bit. I told him that if he ever needed any help that all he had to do was let me know and I would be there.

I didn't care what the king had told us before that didn't matter to me. If any of these guys needed help I'd be there for them. With all of that I went to my bed and was going to sleep. I made a promise to myself that I would go home to my sister.

A/N: Alright readers here is the chapter that introduces us to this new world Y/N is in and what he is to expect coming tomorrow. Next chapter is when things really begin for Y/N on his long journey through this crazy new world. I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else you have questions about. If you have a question for me then either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later