Chapter 17: Tribe Of The Plains

Savage Plains

It had been a few days since Y/N had defeat the demon sin of pride now he was on a horse riding through the plains. Next to him was Honō on a horse of her own. "I still can't believe you decided to join up with me" Y/N said "well I felt that you needed help and now that I'm stronger I will be able to do that" Honō replied to Y/N. After Y/N had beaten the demon sin he returned back to the town of Leascanor.

There he was greeted by the town and rewarded for his victory. His clothes were taken to be repaired and he would be given a feast with some money. Also he was suprised to see that Honō was in the town. She had been waiting for him and had also been trying to find him up till now.

Flashback

Town Of Leascanor

Both Y/N and Honō were sitting down and enjoying the feast that had been prepared. "So when did you leave Sotra?" Y/N asked Honō. "Well you see Y/N after you left the village and things began to return to normal the king found out and decided to come to us" Honō began. Y/N clenched his fist "what did he do?" Y/N asked. "Nothing he wanted to see if we were willing to begin mining for gems and diamonds" Honō answered.

"What did your grandfather and the others tell him?" Y/N asked "we all told that fool of a king no, we said that no one was allowed to get anything from our mines" Honō answered. "Let me guess the bastard didn't take that very well" Y/N said as he took a sip from his drink. "To say that the king didn't like our answer was an understatement, the fool threatened us" Honō replied. "What did he do?" Y/N asked with a slight anger in his voice.

Honō put her hands on Y/N's hand and calmed him down. "Do not worry, they are all fine, when he threatened us we all said that we were strong enough to stop him and that our village was under your protection" Honō told Y/N. Hearing that Y/N calmed down he was also proud to know that Honō and the villagers stood up for themselves.
_____________________________________

Flashback Over

Savage Plains

Honō and I had been riding through these Savage Plains for some time now. Luckily the villagers gave us two horses to use. I was glad that she decided to travel with me, being alone wasn't very good for me. I was beginning to get  edgy emo protagonist syndrome or something. The reason for us going to these plains was that I had heard something about a tribe that could fly on giant birds.

That was something that I had to see the tribe was also said to have mastered an ancient healing art. It could pay to know ancient healing techniques it would benefit me. Now that I had a party memeber there was someone else I needed to look out for. Honō had been telling me all the way here that she was strong enough to take care of herself. I could see that just by looking at her stats but I needed to be sure for myself.

"So when are we supposed to find this hidden tribe?" Honō asked me. I pulled out a map "well the map the mayor gave me says that we are already in the savage plains but it doesn't exactly say anything about where the tribe is" I answered. "That is a real bummer maybe I can do something that might help" Honō said. "And what wbould that be?" I asked her.

Honō stopped her horse she then began to chant a magic spell. "Sparking flame bird" Honō said finishing her spell. Yellow lightning and red fire came from her finger tips. Both elements then began to form a bird. "Fly off and shows where the tribe is" Honō told the bird. It let out a caw then flew off. "Smart thinking scouting from the sky" I said. Honō blushed when I said that "th...thanks Y/N" she said.

We resumed our search for the tribe from there as we waited for Honō's bird to return to us. "So I wonder how long this is going to take?" Honō asked "depends on where the tribe's camp is" I answered. "What if there actually isn't a tribe out here?" Honō asked. I moved my horse over to hers I then put my hand on her shoulders. "You've got to have a little faith Honō things will work out" I told her.

All of a sudden we heard a loud caw coming from the sky. "That didn't take as long as I thought it would" I said. Both Honō and I heard the caw again we both looked up and waited to see the bird come down to us. We didn't see the bird instead there was another caw then a large shadow flew over us. Out of nowhere Honō's magical bird fell from the sky.

Honō caught the bird we both saw that the bird had been drained of all of its magic. When the bird fizzled away there was another caw and another shadow flew over us. "This can not be good" Honō said "it never is not for us" I replied.

I felt a large gust of wind as did Honō the horses began to freak out. This wasn't going to be good. With another loud caw the horses freaked out even more. The shadow that kept flying over us became more clearer. I could see a large bird flying over us. It then decided to come and swoop down on us. I could see it's full form more clearly now.

"Honō run NOW!!!" I yelled to Honō she then immediately got her horse to run at full speed out of here

"Honō run NOW!!!" I yelled to Honō she then immediately got her horse to run at full speed out of here. I did the same and followed behind her. I couldn't use any of magic or daggers on the bird as it was in the air and I really only had one effective projectile attack. This was not good for us at all. Just before the large bird could attack us something happened. A large group of smaller birds came flying in. And on there backs were these riders.

The were members of the tribe we were looking for. One of the birds got down close to us. "You travelers please ride as far as you can down over there, you will find our village, let us handle the roc" the rider said. "Alright if you don't need my help then I will" I replied to the rider. "Okay Honō we need to get out of here" I said. "We need to help them" Honō said "no we don't they have this, their village is over there" I told Honō.

Time Skip

Sky Village

Honō and I had finally made it to the village we had been searching for. However it may of been under not so good circumstances we still made it. Honō and I rode into the village everyone  in the village came and surrounded us. "This is a warm welcome" I said "we shouldn't be to hasty" Honō said.

We stopped in the center of the village and got off of our horses. Two villagers took the reins and guided our horses away. We heard wings flapping both Honō and got down and readied ourselves. When we saw the familiar birds from the plains we calmed down. The rider that told me where the village was landed down and came up to me.

"You must be the dagger hero, we are the Kiche tribe it is an honor to meet you" he said sticking his hand out.

A/N: Hey readers I hope you are ready for a new adventure with Y/N and Honō. What will happen with the Kiche tribe and this mysterious roc. All will be revealed next Sunday so be ready. There will be plenty of action for you all next chapter. I am sorry for not posting a chapter last week but I was busy and I had matters to deal with involving COVID. Do not worry I am fine as is my family so I will get back to posting chapters for you readers. Now I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later