Chapter 10: Evil's Truth

Courtyard

Things were rigged against Naofumi since the day he first came to this world. Then when I stepped up and tried to defend him and get the evidence to prove his innocence they did the same to me. Now as I watch from above as Naofumi is about to duel Motoyasu so that he can keep Raphtalia. I wish that my little scene would of deterred them to not have Naofumi fight. But he insisted that he fight so they would leave him alone.

Right away they led him to a courtyard to face Motoyasu while all of us took to the stands to watch. I had this feeling in my gut that something was going to happen. I was keeping an eye on both parties to make sure that everything would be fair.

Besides watching the fight the nobles were staring at me like I was an animal. The men held their women close to them for fear that I may assault them. As far as they knew I'd do it but I didn't honestly care about them.

Before the duel Motoyasu began to mock Naofumi. He told him the tale of the all- penetrating spear and the unbreakable shield. Motoyasu wondered  which one of the two was stronger. I knew Motoyasu was at least 22 levels above Naofumi. Motoyasu then asked Naofumi if we would surrender because there was no way he would. Motoyasu suggested he except defeat and allow Raphtalia to be free from his clutches.

Naofumi wasn't going to surrender and give up because Motoyasu said he should. When Naofumi declined surrendering Motoyasu charged forward and went to attack. Despite his weapon Naofumi proved his metal against Motoyasu and his spear. He quickly blocked all of Motoyasu's oncoming attacks. Naofumi did this with his light metal shield when Motoyasu jumped back Naofumi pointed at him.

"You lost the moment you couldn't penetrate my shield" Naofumi declared. He wasn't wrong Motoyasu would lose if he couldn't hit Naofumi. "Go for it Naofumi!" I yelled from the stands everyone else hushed me.

Motoyasu went to use his powerful attack chaos spear. At that moment I knew it was over "he's lost" I said. Motoyasu's attack was deflected leaving him with a cool down period until he could attack again. "Finish him" I said to Naofumi he looked up to the stands and gave me a thumbs up.

"All you idiots ever think about is attacking and don't bother to worry about blocking because you have someone to do it for you" Naofumi said as he pulled something out from his cloak. "Well now you get to learn the hard way" he said throwing balloon monsters at Motoyasu. Using the balloon monsters and his various shields he unlocked Naofumi beat Motoyasu into a corner.

"You coward don't use monsters to fight me why don't you fight me fairly" Motoyasu said as he went to attack. Naofumi's shield changed to the dog demon shield it latches on to Motoyasu hurting him. Naofumi then used the air strike shield to knock Motoyasu down. Naofumi then sicked more balloon monsters on Motoyasu. He then used his shield prison to confine Motoyasu with the balloons still attacking him.

Everyone including the king, the nobles and the bitch Myne were suprised that Naofumi was able to hold his own. Even Ren and Itsuki seemed genuinely suprised to see Naofumi winning. I wasn't though I knew that Naofumi could do it. The nobles then began to call out Naofumi saying his tactics were dirty and underhanded.

The atmosphere was tense now and it could be felt by everyone. I knew as did everyone that if things continued on Naofumi was going to win and Motoyasu was going to lose.

Right as Naofumi was on the cusp of victory it happened. He was about to finish of Motoyasu when he was hit by a gust of wind. I saw where the wind came from it came from the bitch Myne who was on the sidelines. With his cooldown finished Motoyasu hit Naofumi with a lightning spear. The attack hurt Naofumi then Motoyasu stabbed him again. "Should of given up when you had the chance" Motoyasu said as he was about to finish Naofumi.