Chapter 26: Back On The Road

Somewhere Unknown

As soon as that irritating conversation with the king was over I found Honō and we got back on the road. I wanted leave here as fast as I could before I lost my temper and did something I would regret. Honō could tell that something was bothering me. I felt it best to not lie to her about what it was so I told her what the king had said to both Naofumi and I. Honō was disgusted by what the king had said, she didn't think he would have the nerve to not only threaten Naofumi but me as well.

Once we got far away we began to track down a lead for those mysterious deaths. It didn't take us long to find a lead in this small town. Apparently the bodies of those who died were found on a stretch of road that went around the mountains. They noted that the deaths were odd as the bodies had no bite marks or torn limbs. All of the injuries were internal broken bones, destroyed organs and bruising on the skin.

Something made me a bit curious apparently a lot of the travelers who took that path and would stop in the town stated that they would suddenly feel signs of tiredness or laziness. They didn't want to do anything when they took the path near the mountain. That began to give me some ideas of what it might be. So in the next town over I began to ask to see if anyone had reported sightings of a strange animal.

At first I didn't get much people had only noticed that the mountain goats seemed to have dissapeared. Others had heard the calls of what sounded like a goat but they weren't positive. However there was one person who reported seeing a large mountain goat that had four big horns on its head and was far more aggressive then other goats. That began to make things more clearer for me I think I knew what we were dealing with.

With all of this important information Honō and I set out to stop these deaths and kill whatever was causing them. I told Honō my thoughts about what it could be. I told her that it might be another sin that's killing people. It made sense a large goat, people losing the energy to do anything. We had to be more careful now that we might be dealing with a sin. With that in mind we began to think about what sin it could be.

I had already killed pride and greed it could be any of the other remaining five. We then began to think over what we had been told in both towns. Eventually we decided that it must of been the sin of sloth.

Time Skip

Mountain Path

"How do we deal with sloth, it's not like we can kill it without it transforming into it's demon form?" Honō asked as we traversed the mountain path. "I don't honestly know how we're going to defeat it, I don't think we have much of a choice when it comes to killing it" I answered. "This is going to suck" Honō said "yeah but it needs to be done, the fewer amount of sins running around means this world can be a bit more safe" I replied.

When we got to a certain part of the path both Honō and I began to get real tired. We hadn't been walking for very long so it was strange as to why we were tired. That's when I realized what it was "Honō I think it's watching us" I said. "Really, do you know where it is?" she asked looking around. "I can't see it, the thing is either watching us through the trees or up above on the mountain" I answered looking up.

We decided that it would be best if we just continued to walk. I figured that the sin would attack us eventually or try to stop us further down the path. Just in case Honō and made sure that we were ready for any form of attack. "I don't like this suspense and not knowing" Honō said. "Neither do I, but we are on its turf so we need to be ready for anything it might throw at us" I replied. As the sun started to go down we began to hear the sounds of a goat up on the mountainside.

I felt that it would be best to set up camp for the night. I didn't want Honō and I to fight the sin in the dark making things even harder then they already were. With my stone dagger I made a little cave where Honō and I could sleep for the night. Honō made the fire as I did my best to secure our little cave. I set up a few crystal traps with my crystal dagger. I would also create two crystal golems to watch over Honō and I as we slept.

"I hope this ends soon" Honō said "same I want it to be over with as well" I replied. "This sucks, sometimes I wish we could be the ones scaring the sins" Honō said. I chuckled a bit hearing that "same but I think it would be impossible since they are demons and they do want us to kill them while their trapped" I replied. "Yeah that is true but there has to be a way for us to kill them in their trapped state without them getting free after that" Honō said.

"Maybe after we finish off this sin we can find a library in the nearest town and see if we can find anything that might help us" I replied. "That would be very helpful" Honō said before letting out a loud yawn. "Yeah it would, I think it's best we both get some sleep so we can be ready for anything that might happen tomorrow" I said. "Your right, goodnight Y/N" Honō said before falling to sleep. "Goodnight Honō" I replied as I put out the fire and went to sleep.

Time Skip

The next day early in the morning Honō and I noticed that none of my traps had gone off and that there wasn't any sign that the sin had tried to get to us. Once everything was clear we began to go up the road. The sounds of the goat got louder and louder as we continued to walk. I was waiting for it to happen at any moment, the sin of sloth was going to jump out in it's trapped form and try to kill us or get us to kill it and set it free.

Nothing happened so far and we were almost finished walking the path around the mountain. It was strange maybe there wasn't a sin and Honō and came out here for nothing. Just as everything seemed like waisted effort rocks began to fall down from the side of the mountain. I pushed Honō out of the way before a large rock could hit her. As I helped Honō up we looked over and saw what we were waiting for. Like what we were told it was a large mountain goat with four horns on its head.

I could see sharp spikes coming from it's let's and it's hooves almost looked like claws. I could see sharp teeth in it's mouth as it snarled at us. For sure this was a demon sin in it's trapped form. Honō readied a spell as I equipped one of my daggers. The goat began to kick up dust with it's hooves as it smacked it's head down on the ground. It was challenging us right there it was ready to fight us.

"Remember Honō don't kill it or we'll really have our hands full" I told Honō. "Don't worry Y/N I won't kill it but that doesn't mean I won't hurt it really badly" Honō replied. "Good, let's get ready to throw down" I said.

A/N: And cliffhanger sorry readers you'll have to read the next chapter on Sunday to find out what happens to Y/N and Honō as the fight the sin of sloth in it's trapped state. Sorry for the lack of action this chapter but like I said before there will be plenty soon. Also I'm going to be doing back to back sin chapters because I'm running out of episodes for the first season. Now I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later