Chapter 29: The Lich King

Loch Village

There Honō and I were facing down a lich lord about to transform into a lich king with his army of tentacle zombies. It was just another of mine and Honō's world wide adventures, but this time it was far more dangerous then the others. People's lives hung in the balance and if this lich lord became a lich king this world could be thrown into even more danger. Me and Honō had to be careful I didn't know what this lich could do.

"Alright Honō let's take care of this thing and let's do this carefully" I said to Honō. "Alright Y/N, I've got your back" Honō replied creating a flame in her hand. "You pathetic humans pose no threat to me, the snake promised me everything" the lich lord said to us. "Well I hate to tell you this pal, but that snake whoever it is didn't account for how strong we are" I replied. The lich lord laughed at Honō and I "foolish humans, I was told everything" it said to us.

I equipped my storm dagger and my flame dagger and started to cut down the zombies that attacked me. Honō fired flame bolts at the zombies exploding them. "That does nothing, I have amassed an army of stolen souls" the lich said to us. "If we'd shown up sooner, you wouldn't of had all this" I replied. "Either way it is too late, once I am a lich king I will become the next demon lord" the lich said.

Honō and I needed to put a stop to this now before it got any worse. As we killed the zombies the lich lord casted spells and threw them at us. "There's to many of them" Honō said as she destroyed the upper torso of a zombie. "Your telling me" I replied as I sent a lightning bolt through a whole line of zombies disintegrating them. "How do we stop this?" Honō asked "I'm pretty sure if we kill the lich all of these zombies will return to being corpses" I replied.

"Well everytime we try to attack it the zombies stop us" Honō said "that's what I'm thinking, if you stop the zombies maybe I can kill the lich and end all of this" I replied. "Alright I've got this" Honō said jumping into the air. I didn't know what she was going to do "flame avatar" Honō said. A large pillar of flame erupted around Honō killing the zombies that were around her. Suddenly the flames formed a large being made of fire. It had no legs only fire, it's face looked like it was made of stone. It only had eyes with no pupils and no mouth.

"Alright Kyūryū, let's back Y/N up" Honō said to the flame creature

"Alright Kyūryū, let's back Y/N up" Honō said to the flame creature. Suddenly Kyrūryū or whatever it was formed a whip made of flames. With the whip Kyrūryū took down mass amounts of zombies. With the zombies busy now I could deal with the lich lord. "Alright bro it's you and me, let's settle this" I said charging at the lich. "Foolish human" the lich said throwing a ball of darkness at me. With my flame dagger I cut through the ball of darkness.

As I did that a long tentacle wrapped around my neck. The lich lord distracted me with the ball of darkness. With it's tentacle it pulled me forward at a fast speed, I dropped both of my daggers. "I am a desendent of the great Thulu, what chance do you think you have?" the lich lord asked getting close in my face. I smirked "actually I already knew I was going to win from the start, I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound cocky like Motoyasu" I answered.