Chapter 20: The Fox

Open Road

After what happened on the plains with the Keche and the Roc I decided that now would be the best time to return back to Melromarc. I hadn't forgotten about Honō's kiss back at the village. I wasn't dull when it came to the emotions of the opposite gender. I had a feeling that she liked me a certain way after I saved her town. It was also why she probably traveled a long way to find me back in Leascanor. I didn't know if I was ready to start
I checked the time of when the next wave would be happening and it was very soon. Honō and I finally made it out off the plains and back to an open road. As we traveled the road we began to hear from travelers and traders that they were being robbed all up and down the road and was very odd.

It wasn't that they were being robbed that was weird it was what was robbing them that was weird. From what we were told it was a fox that was robbing them. If that wasn't weird enough the fox destroyed whatever valuables it stole gold, food pretty much everything. The travelers warned us that it would strike at anytime of the day but usually preferred the cover of night.

Either way Honō and I would be ready for anything that would happen on our journey back to Melromarc.

Time Skip

Everything seemed peaceful as Honō and I were riding. I was taking in the scenery and the quiet. It was great but it was nothing like the plains. Honō had decided to ask me about where I was from. She knew that since I was hero I wasn't from this world that I was summoned from another universe. It had been awhile since I talked about home since I've been here. Yeah I always thought about my mother and sister all of the time and my promise to come home.

So as we rode I began to tell Honō about my home and what I did. I started to explain to Honō that our world's were very different that they didn't have magic and monsters roaming around. Honō was suprised to hear that "so how are you so knowledgeable about magic and all of that?" Honō asked. "Well while magic may not exist for real in my world people have written about throughout history" I answered.

I then explained to Honō that my world was more advanced this one that it had technology and devices that put what this world had to shame. Honō began to think about all of the things in my world. It was cute seeing her like that she was like a little kid dreaming about cool things. As we continued I began to talk about my family. Honō didn't know that I had a sister. She asked me if she would be able to meet her one day.

I wasn't to sure how to answer that one because only I would be able to return home once the waves were over. She didn't quite understand that she might not be able to meet my sister or my mother. "Will I be able to return with you?" Honō asked me "I don't honestly know Honō but I will soon" I answered.

After that we slowly stopped talking and continued to ride. I could tell that Honō was a bit upset about hearing all of that. I sighed I couldn't stand to see her so bummed out so I decided to cheer her up some. "Listen Honō it will be awhile before that happens, but I think my mother and sister would enjoy meeting you and talking to you" I told her. I could see Honō get something of a smile on her face hearing that. "Really?" she asked "really really" I answered.

Time Skip

We had traveled as far as we could before the sun started to go down. Honō was worried about the fox robbing us while we slept. I reassured Honō by saying I would keep an eye out for anything fox related. Honō was still unsure but she trusted me enough. We set up camp and made a fire. We cooked some of the meats the Keche had prepared for us before we left the village.