Chapter 16: Pride

Abandoned Barn

Y/N had finally slain the lion that had been causing the town of Leascanor so much trouble. It may of taken awhile and a lot pain Y/N was successful. Right as Y/N was going to skin the lion with its own claws something weird began to happen. The lion's dead body had started glow then a loud voice began to speak to Y/N. That's when it happened the lion transformed into a horned four eyed demon.
_____________________________________

This creature had called itself the demon sin of pride. Hearing that made me think back to the scroll I had found. It mentioned something about watching out for certain animals. It especially mentioned a lion was this that lion I had to be wary of. I had a hard time killing the lion when it was a semi normal now it was all demonized. I didn't know what was going to happen now.

"I can smell your fear little hero" the lion said to me. "First of I'm not afraid of you and secondly I'm not little out of the other four heroes I'm the tallest" I replied to the lion. It just looked at me and laughed " Your not an ordinary hero you are one of the five legendary heroes" the lion said. "I am what's your point?" I asked the lion "it means that once I kill you I will be going after the other four" the lion answered with a grin.

I readied my dagger "that's not going to happen I'm sorry to say" I said. The lion began to walk around me in a circle "is that so?" the lion asked. "That's right if I can kill you once I can do it again" I answered. The lion smirked then lunged at me thankfully I was quick enough to dodge it. I made my stone dagger grow in size by making more stones attach themselves to my dagger. Once I got it large enough I smashed it down on the lion.

To my suprise the lion used it's hands to catch the stone blade. The ground under the lion began to crack as I put more pressure into my strike. The lion began to laugh at me "you call this an attack the other heroes I've devoured put up more of a fight then you"  it said. Before I knew it the lion broke my blade and charged at me. This time I wasn't quick enough to dodge the lion's attack.

It's claws dug into the sides of my chest it was trying to go for my heart. Thankfully I equipped my frost dagger and I jammed it into the lion's mouth and immediately froze its head. The lion took it's claws out of me and began to bash it's frozen head on the ground. As I slowly healed from the last attack the lion had managed to quickly break the ice around it's head.

"That was unpleasantly cold" the lion said "well get use to it I'm not going to die so easily" I replied. "Trust me hero I am the sin of pride the stronger you get the more powerful I become"  the lion said. If ice wasn't going to work then fire would be able to do something. I immediately equipped my flame dagger and readied myself. The lion made it's claws glow gold as it began to charge at me.

Before it could attack me I created a tornado of fire and sent it at the lion. That stopped the lion from continuing to charge at me. Instead it used it's glowing claws to cut the tornado of fire in half. I had planned this so when the tornado dissapeared I charged at the lion. Before it could react I heated up my blade and rammed it into the side of the lion. Like the first time I fought the lion my blade didn't pierce it's hide. However I did leave a long burn cut on its side.

The lion roared in pain at my attack it began to swipe at me. One of its swipes hit me left a large cut in my chest. "I will eat you alive human" the lion said as it began to heal from my attack. "Yeah well I'm not dead just yet" I said spitting out some blood. I sent waves of fire at the lion trying to get it to jump in the air.

My waves of flames hit the lion but it didn't jump it just stood there as it's body started to glow gold. The lion got down on all fours and pounced at me. I jumped back but as the lion landed in front of me it grabbed my legs and pulled me in close. The lion began to claw at me multiple times over and over again. If I didn't do anything soon I was going to die. I tried to do something but the lion held me down.