Asking for Help

(Earth 1234578890616/MCU Earth)

"Hello Tony" The gruff voice of Captain America came through the comms. Tony Stark on the other hand fidgets in his place, he remembers the last moments where the two fought each other, and there is part of Tony that regretted everything that turned out with the Captain and the Avengers broken and other part of him blames Captain for the same things, including the death of his parents but the ship has sailed a long time ago and both were a bit reluctant to trust each other, Tony more so than Rogers but reluctant nonetheless. "Is everything okay?" Steve's voice cut through the phone.

"Hey Cap" Tony put up fake enthusiasm voice that he sometimes use with the media "How are you? I just called to ask how's your vacation is going how are the rest of the Avengers that are with you, I hope you guys are having a good time?" Alright he knows that what he was saying was not good and he was antagonizing them, he did heard Sam Wilson mutter something in the background.

"I do hope that you are not calling for this to be a social call." Captain said in an amused voice but there was a hint of seriousness behind it. And then there was a pause for Tony, a part of him didn't want to ask him for anything but Tony had scanned everything and anything that was regarding the portal he watched swallow Peter and his friend, he didn't want to do anything with Captain right now, especially when he has yet to forgive him but he needs to do it for Peter and the people that are in New York. Especially when it wasn't just Peter that has been swallowed by a swirling blue portal, it has been a week since the appearance of blue portal and several disappearance reports that has been put forth and these were not the only people that disappeared from the face of the earth. Several other heroes have also dissapeared, especially the Defenders and loath as he was to admit it Deadpool. And with there disappearances the crime rate in New York city just reached a new height, especially the Hand and other Criminal Syndicates that are also related to the Kingpin and with the heroes not keeping them in check the crime rates just went up. The portals also swallowed villains to around the world, it would've been better if it has swallowed the rest of criminals too but the portals were not racist, they swallowed the some normal, some mutants, some heroes and the list goes on.

"I need help Cap" Tony said as looked at the photo that was in one of the frames he had "and I think we need the rest of the team for this one, too."

"What happened?" There was a sudden urgency in Steve's voice after hearing how Tony might need whole team for them.

"Oh nothing much" Tony started with somewhat humorous tone which turned serious with the next sentence. "Just that the various heroes of New York vanished about a week ago and the criminals and low life of New York are having a time of there life."

"Wait what?" The surprise was evident in the voice of Captain America that came with it.

"Exactly what I said, Cap." Tony said "I know that you and the team are not going to be here if I don't disclose any more information so let me just tell you" Tony paused and took in a deep breath. "A week ago, an anomaly appeared around the world, you might have heard snippets from here and there how the various people have been vanishing, right?"

"I don't understand?" The voice of Captain asked in surprise "what does the whole disappearances have to do with you calling us and us coming back their" Tony knew what the ex-Avengers were thinking, heck he would've thought the same thing if he was in their shoes, but now was not the time for this.

"Look I know how does it look, but I am not doing this to catch you guys but I am not." Tony said again trying for Captain to hear his reason "Listen Captain a week ago, when the disappearance occurred, there was a portal that appeared which has been responsible for the disappearances."