Thank You

@Renjun’s P.O.V@

It was the end of the day and my heart was racing. I was waiting in the courtyard for the two boys to show up and the anticipation was killing me.

I started to pace back in forth, still to nervous to stand still.

I was about to just start walking home When I saw Na Jaemin appear, Lee Jeno following closely behind.

I kept my head down. I always keep my head down when it came to them. It’s almost like they were the sun and you can’t look directly at them.

“Hurry up let’s get this over with,” Na Jaemin said harshly. I quickly nodded and began to walk in the direction of my house. I heard their footsteps behind me while I walked.

Usually the walk to and from school was calming and serene, but today it felt awkward and stiff, like I couldn’t breathe.

Once we got to my house I quickly unlocked the door. We stepped inside and Lee Jeno set his backpack on the couch.

“Do you want anyth-,” I was cut off by Lee Jeno.

“No, let's just hurry this up we only have an hour,” he said.

I nodded and ran into the kitchen to grab myself some banana milk.

We all sat down at my coffee table and started to work on the homework.

I was working on problem but when I showed Lee Jeno My answer he said it was wrong.

I pouted in frustration.

“I don’t get it,” I said I stared at the paper helplessly.

All of a sudden Lee Jeno snatched my paper and began to write on it. Once he done he showed it to me.

“What did I add?” he asked me. I strained at the paper trying to find what had changed.

Once I saw it my cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

I put my head down as I answered his question.

“Parenthesis,” I mumbled.

“Yes, now add them. Understand,” he said. I nodded.

We continued on for the next four problems pretty quickly. I wasn’t messing up as much.

I realized that I can do the math I Just need to stop forgetting to do certain thing.

After a moment I heard a soft ringing from Jaemin’s pocket. He grabbed it and looked at the contact.

“I gotta take this,” he said and hurried outside to take the call.

I watched through the window as he picked up the phone.

I couldn’t hear what he was saying as the glass muffled the sounds of his voice.

He was making a puzzled face and I started to become curious as to who he was talking too.