𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 || 𝟷.𝟹

"So, what are we gonna do? Just ask questions?" I asked.

"Yeah, a certain set of questions. My mom told me how these questions made her closer with my dad, so it must work for friendship as well." Minamoto-kun answers.

"Alright! Hit me with the first question!" I exclaim.

"Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?" He reads from a small pocket journal.

"I'd say... (favorite actor). I just wonder how it's like to be in their shoes, a worldwide sensation, y'know? What about you?"

"Dinner with (favorite actor) sounds cool, but I think I'd want you as a dinner guest, just so I could get to know more about you."

"Huh? Really?"

"Yeah. Next question, would you like to be famous? In what way?" He inquires.

"Mmmm, yeah. I'd like to be famous for saving people I guess." I shrug.

"Same, that's what exorcists do after all. Here's a good one. What do you value most in a friendship?"

"Quality time spent together, easily."

"Being able to trust each other completely. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?"

"I would want to be able to skip stones farther than you, just so I can feel validated."

"Fair enough. I would want to be good at house chores, I'm kinda useless in that way."

"You're bad at something? Shocker!" I teased.

"You're not gonna make fun of me for it, are you?" He asked.

"No promises, really."

He snickered lightly and gave me a noogie.

Forty-five minutes of asking questions and we were on the final few. The sun had slightly descended, but it was still light enough to go outside.

"Alright, do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?" He reads.

"That's a little dark, isn't it?" I asked bewilderedly.

"Yeah, I don't know how this will help us know each other, but we might as well."

"Minamoto-kun, you can go first. I've been going first every single time!"

"Alright, alright. I think I'm gonna die by... actually, no. I know I'm gonna die protecting somebody, because I'd never forfeit my life unless it's to save somebody near and dear to me. Maybe I'd die by fighting a demonic supernatural being, who knows. I'd want to die in a cool way whilst saving somebody."

"That's... really sweet, actually! And also badass! A perfect combination. I really like how caring you are for others. I wish I could be like that more often."

"You are like that, though. You promised to not take my brother's peaches anymore, did you not? You even said I could punish you if you ever stole more peaches." Minamoto reasoned.

"Yeah, but I mainly did that so he would stop bothering me about the stupid peaches. Plus, I already have plenty that I stole. No need to steal more."

"Oh, well, I still think you're a good person. You agreed to talk to me, after all. Speaking of, why did you agree?"

"I felt bad when you said you didn't know anybody in your grade in this part of town."

"See? You felt empathy when I said that, you truly do care about me! I'm flattered, (L/N)-chan!" He gushed sarcastically.

"Don't be too happy about it, Minamoto-kun. Anyways, I should probably answer the question from earlier... I think I'm gonna die from my past actions coming back to me, for some reason. Maybe even a past villain. Who knows, really? I just have a feeling that it's gonna be gross and violent. That's just a hunch, though! I've already made so many mistakes, so I wouldn't be shocked."

"(Y/N)-chan... Can I call you that? (Y/N)? You can call me Teru. But since you've been nothing but kind to me, I won't let anybody kill you in a gruesome way. I will make sure that nobody lays a finger on you, got it?"

"That's a hefty promise, Teru-kun." I said.

"Yeah, but I'll try my best to stick to it."

"Minamoto-senpai, there you are!" A voice yells from the other side of the hill we were on. I quirked an eyebrow and looked back.

"Minamoto-senpai, I don't mean to steal you, but we need to finish our science project!" The girl grabs his wrist.

"No need to worry. I already finished writing my part of the project." He assured.

"O-oh. U-um, well I, uhm... Really need you to check over my part, like, REALLY need you!" She enthusiastically yells.

"Well, it can't be helped. I'll catch up with you in a second, Amani-san." He said.

"Alright!"

"Oh well, it was nice talking to you, (Y/N)-chan. And if you ever need me, just steal peaches from the tree while my brother is looking." He winks and walks off.

"Bye bye, Teru-kun." I whispered while waving.

As I watched his silhouette walking towards the sunset, all I could think was, "What a guy."