𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 || 𝟸.𝟺

The next day, I had went to the band room after school. Complete silence, all you could hear were crickets and the hum of the air conditioner. I had asked Kurosaki-senpai if I could use the violin beforehand, so I had set up the instrument without hesitation, making sure everything was in place. I wanted everything to be perfect for him. My nerves were high as the tension increased, so I decided to play my favorite classical violin CD labeled "Mazurka in A Minor, Op. 67 No. 4 (Chopin)" and plopped it in the player to set me in the mood.

  As I heard the door open, I was prepared to be greeted by Teru.

  "Hey, Teru-kun! Thanks for comi-" I look at the door to see that it wasn't Teru, it was the one and only, Tsubasa Ayano.

"Huh? Tsubasa-chan, I booked the band room for a half hour, sorry. You can use it after though!" I offered.

"That's not what I'm here for..." She grumbled.

"Oh? What are you here for then?"

"I'm here for vengeance. (L/N) (Y/N), you lied to me and broke my heart into pieces! You don't know how infatuated I am with Minamoto-kun, and I found out the truth!" She yelled.

"The truth about what?" I mumbled, confused.

"Do you not remember? That day that you told me that Teru-kun hated me... I asked him about it today... You lied! You probably wanted to keep Teru-kun for yourself, so you lied in order to get what you want! Snake!"

"Look Tsubasa, I don't know who you think you are, but you were just annoying me. You had me on the end of my rope, so I did something to make you stop." I stated boldly.

"(L/N), what you did was unforgivable. It didn't only hurt me, but it probably hurt Teru-kun! You made him seem like a douchebag for not liking an innocent girl, but that wasn't the truth at all!" She shouted furiously.

"Look, Tsubasa, we can sort this out later, alright? Got it?"

"Yeah, or we can sort this out now so you won't have to deal with me later on."

"I'm kinda in the middle of something, Tsubasa. I promised Teru that I wo-" I got cut off when I glanced at her hand, and she seemed to be holding a blade from the cooking classroom.

"W-wait, what are you doing..." I asked worried.

"I'm making sure that justice is served." She quickly charged at me with the knife, repeatedly stabbing the air spastically, trying to land a hit as I run around the room, looking for an object to defend myself with. I quickly picked up the nearest thing in sight, my violin bow.

  "Tsubasa-chan, you don't have to do this! You're better than this." I whispered.

  "Your stupid lies aren't gonna save you now!" She screamed psychotically. Jesus, this girl really is infatuated with Teru.

  While still running around the class, I tripped on the leg of the stool I had set up prior. Now I was on the the ground, vulnerable to any attack. As she swung her knife without hesitation, I had thought of something that Kou-kun had told me about one day.

  "(L/N)-senpai, have I ever told you how cool Teru-nii is when he fights?" Kou said enthusiastically.

  "Hm? No, tell me about it."

  "He knocks his opponent down, and strikes them! They never see it coming!" He exclaimed.

  "That's nice kiddo, you really look up to him, don't you?"

  That was it. This was my chance. As I was hastily rolling on the floor, dodging every hit, I had kicked Tsubasa's knee and knocked her down. I had put my bow above her as I kicked her blade out of her hand.

This is it, this is your only chance.

Do it, (Y/N), don't think about it, just do it.

  Right here, right now.

  N O W!

  Without hesitation, I impale her with the violin bow as the CD I had put in was still playing. After a few seconds, it had hit me. I had just killed a person. A person that I wronged. Is this the hunch that I had? The one about my past actions catching up to me? Was I correct the whole time? I looked down and her body, her eyes still wide yet lifeless. Bleeding out of the wound, and I could immediately tell that I hit a vital artery of hers. There was no going back now. She was almost certainly deceased for good. Was I proud though? No, not at all. Because there was no way I was getting out of this. I would be locked up, left to die, and worst of all, Teru would hate me if he found out. There was no way of escaping.

  'Unless...' I thought, staring at the violin bow.

  It had to be done, I would sacrifice myself as an apology for my sins.

  'Is it really worth it? There is so much more that I want to do... I want to help Teru become President, I want Kou-kun to teach me how to grow peaches, I want to sing a sappy love song to a certain somebody. Is it really worth it?' I asked myself as I picked up the bow, hands shaking aggressively.

  No, I couldn't live with the guilt of killing another human being. So that why I decided to end it all. As I slowly impaled myself with the bow, I could see the crimson blood drip from my body, and I could feel it going inside my organs, slowly ripping me up.

  This is it. I'm not coming back here again.

  As I'm in my final seconds of life, I hear the door open. The voice is muffled, so I used my last bit of energy to look at who entered. Teru-kun. I wished I could move, I wished I could've apologized, I wished I could've said goodbye, but those never came true. As he picked me up, I had fallen into my eternal sleep. This is it. I'm gone now.

——————

Heya readers, I just realized that this whole story so far has just been a huge prologue lmao, expect actual good content in the next portion of the book, I rushed the last few chapters because I didn't want this to be too long.