𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 || 𝟹.𝟸

Tick.

  Tock.

  Tick.

  Tock.

  The clock repeated in it's rhythmic fashion, the long hand slowly circling around. It had almost hit 3:26, the time in which I must pull the scare, telling people to present their ballads. I huffed and complained to myself about the rumor I had to work with.

  "Ballad my ass, who the fuck even listens to ballads? I don't even know how it's supposed to sound. And now I have to grade ballads? Is this really my whole ghostly life now? Listening to stupid ballads? Why couldn't Tsukasa give me something better to work with?" I mumbled to myself, frustrated.

  The clock had finally hit 3:26, and nobody had appeared. Just as the clock was about to hit 3:27, things took a turn for the worse. Two people had entered the band room. They were both short and scrawny. One had an oddly styled hat and the other had distinct daikon legs that you could spot from a mile away.

  "Hello." I said.

  "Hello, (L/N)-san!" One said. As he got closer, he looked strangely familiar. He looked almost identical to Tsukasa. I shrugged and let them continue.

  "You guys already know the drill. Go ahead, sing your ballad or whatever." I grumbled.

  "Wait, Hanako-kun, what do ballads sound like again?" Daikon-legs whispered.

  "I don't know... just sing a random song and try to pull it off as your own?" He suggested.

  I deadpanned as they were whispering to each other loudly right in front of me. I pretended to ignore it and let them proceed.

  "Alright. Start, now." I demanded.

  "Okay, ahem," Daikon-legs cleared her throat. "I threw a wish in the well, don't ask me I'll never tell. I looked to you as it fell, but now you're in my way. Something something for a wish, pennies and dimes for a kiss, I wasn't looking for this, but now you're in my way. Something something, ripped jeans, skin was showing, hot night wind was blowing." She stuttered clumsily and extremely off-key.

  I had a dead expression, face-palming as she continued.

  "This is a joke. I'm not even going to let you continue. That was such a crappy rendition of Call Me Maybe, it's not even funny. Well, I guess it must be done. Also radish-legs, I'm killing your friend as well." I sigh.

  "Nope! I'm not letting you touch her." Hanako-kun stated.

  "Look kid, you were the ones who decided to fuck with a ghost. Take this as a lesson." I grabbed my violin bow and swung at daikon-girl. In the process, I tripped Hanako-kun over and cornered Radish Legs.

  "Huh, you guys really didn't put up much of a fight. Oh well." I shrugged and set the bow above the girl, ready to impale her. However, something inside of me stopped me. No matter how much I wanted to force the bow into her, my arms wouldn't let me. I looked down at the girl.

  At that exact moment, she looked like Tsubasa-chan. Laying down on the floor helplessly, eyes wide open, tears pricking her eyes. I couldn't. I saw her dead body on the floor, the blood next to Tsubasa's pale skin, her stained uniform. I tried moving my arms so hard, fighting myself.

'You can't back out now! You've come so far, just stab her already!' The voices told me.

"Stop, stop, stop, STOP!" I yelled, dropping the violin bow and shaking my head violently. I didn't want to do this. Not again. I looked back at the girl, she had tears dripping down her face, pushing herself into the corner.

"Hey! Why are you talking to yourself, schizo?" The boy yelled.

"Shut up!" I shouted, rushing towards him without any weapons.

"So, (Y/N)-chan, you wanted to know how I can fight so well?" Teru asked.

"Yes! Teach me, please." I begged.

"Of course. It's all about tricking out your enemy. If you can get your opponent on the ground and render them defenseless, you can easily defeat them. You can pretend to go in with a punch, but actually kick them instead to knock them over. All that requires strength though, which I'd say you have a lot." He explained.

"Me? Strength? Pfft, you beat me in everything though!"

"Yeah, but you are strong enough to put up with me 24/7." He grins.

"Eh, that's not too hard. You're pleasant to be around anyways." I shrug.

That's it. I rush towards him, arms back as if I was going to punch him, but went in for a kick soon after. However, he disappeared from my eyes.

'Where did he-'

He kicked the back of my torso, knocking me down like a bowling pin. I look up to see him grinning maniacally, knife armed and in hand, poised above my chest. My mind had begun playing tricks on me yet again. When I looked at him, he looked awfully like me. Like a monster. A murderer. A cold killer.

'Is this how Tsubasa-chan felt? Defeated? Helpless? Useless? I guess I deserved this. This is karma, I guess.'

As I prepared for the stinging pain, he had lowered the knife to my chest.

"Say goodbye." He snickered.

'Ding dong, bing bong!' The intercom played.

"Huh?"

"Hello students of Kamome Academy." The voice sounded awfully familiar, even through the slight staticky tinge the intercom had.

  "Student Council President, Minamoto Teru speaking. I would like to inform you about the most recent rumor circling around, The Ballad of (L/N)-san. I didn't think I'd have to say this, but everything about that rumor is incorrect. According to the old legends, (L/N)-san is a pacifist rather than a psychopathic murderer. Please, don't believe these silly rumors floating around. Trust me." Click. The intercom went silent, as well as everybody else in the room.

———————

Hello readers, sorry for the slow update. I wrote a different version of this chapter but it sucked so I didn't want to post this etc. quick question, would you guys prefer an

A) TBHK x Reader ONESHOT book

Or

B) TBHK x Reader insert book (idk how to explain it it's just a story in which the reader is inserted to the canon plot, interacting with characters along the way.)

Option A is for those who favor faster updates and option B is for those who enjoy more quality immersive chapters (I plan on going 3000-4000 words+ for option B per chapter)