𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌 "𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢" 𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 || 𝟹.𝟹

"Wh-What?" Radish-chan said, confused.

"Oh? Well, looks like our work is done here. Time to pack up!" Hanako-kun exclaims triumphantly. As they were about to run out the door, a mysterious voice interrupted them.

"It's not time to pack up, yet. I have some important business to take care of, and you're getting in my way yet again." I could recognize that voice from a mile away.

I turned around swiftly and my eyes widened. It was him. After a year, it was as if everything about him changed. Seeing Teru after so long had felt like skipping thirty minutes of a whole movie. He stood tall with his red armband, accompanied by a new expression on his face that I had never seen before. Disgust.

  "I would exorcise you on the spot, however, I've made a deal. I won't let you guys exit, though. And just for precautionary measures," Teru pulled out prayer beads and they wrapped around Hanako, rendering him helpless. "I'll have to keep you tied up."

  "Are you kidding? Geez, this guy is relentless.." Hanako complained.

  "Now," Teru sighed. "You." He pointed directly at me.

  "Oh, well, this is awkward. Isn't it?" I chuckled nervously.

  "(L/N), I have a lot of questions for you. And I want them all answered. Afterwards, I'll be deciding what will happen to you." Teru stated boldly.

  (L/N)? He hadn't  called me that in a long time. If I were to admit, that feeling stung. Almost as if I was a complete stranger to him. I looked back up at him, eye to eye. Although he quickly turned away, the look on his face read as disappointment.

  "You know, when I first met you, I thought that you were nothing like this. That was the impression you gave me. Was that all an act?" He asked.

  "N-No! It was all real, what are you trying to imply here? Do you think I'm a demented psychopath or something?" I defended myself hastily.

  "I don't think that. I know that. Your actions show your true personality." He stated.

  "If you know that, why did you come here to talk to me? What's your goal? Trying to get me to admit that I'm a psycho? Sorry, but I'm not going to say that I am. You fuckin' idiot!" I burst.

  I denied everything. I knew I was wrong, but I didn't want to admit it. He was right, like always.

  "Don't talk to me as if you're above me." He growled and slapped me so hard that my nose started to bleed.

  "Oh no you didn't!" I sassily reacted.

  Slap!

  "Okay, maybe you did."

  "That was severely out of pocket, I apologize. But that doesn't excuse you from disrespecting me. Why did you kill her?" He interrogated.

  "It was purely out of self defense. I was waiting for you, and... She just walked in with a knife and a long monologue, talking about... stuff."

  "What, 'Stuff?'"

  "Well, uhm, I lied to her a good while back, first year of middle school."

  "About what?"

  "You really are relentless, aren't you?" I scolded.

  "Well—"

  The door opened yet again, and a new visitor approached. It was... Kou?

  "Oh, hey Kou. I'm glad you showed up. Can you do me a favor and look after my friend? I need to excuse myself for a second." He had once again went to his cheery, charismatic expression.