𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚋𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚢 || 𝟹.𝟷

......

......

......

I felt my fingertips for the first time in a while. It didn't feel right since I hadn't felt anything in a long time. I couldn't quite open my eyes yet, though. I felt the cold wood floor that I was passed out on, but I forgot how to move. Slowly, I was able to move my fingers and felt myself. I had decided to do the next task, that being opening my eyes. After a while of sleeping, your eyelids are like a rusted door, hard to open. I was able to budge my eyes open enough to see a tiny bit of what was happening. It was empty. A few minutes went by, and I could control my body as normal. I looked down at my stomach to see if my stab wound was visible. It wasn't.

Teru had taught me enough for me to know what this is. I'm not alive, but I'm not completely gone. I know exactly where I am, though. The room was silent, no music, no violin. The band room had nothing in it, actually. I decided to inspect further, and I saw a small table with a strange lump of items covered with a black blanket. Or so I thought. Upon closer inspection, a white card with a small present with (favorite color) wrapping paper, adorned with white lilies.

'What could this be...' I thought. As I reached for the card, the objects under the blanket squirmed.

Without hesitation, I ripped off the blanket, only to see a petite boy under it leaping out at me, making me fall on the floor.

"H-huh?"

"There you are! It took you long enough to wake up, (L/N)-chan. Welcome to the community of random dead people who roam around." The boy greeted.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" I grumbled.

"Feisty! I'm Tsukasa, nice to meet you. I've come to do my normal thing that I do with wandering spirits like you. I've come to grant you a wish, but in order to do that, I must take away something important from you!" He explained.

  I knew what these gremlins do because of the movies I've watched. A genie comes from a vase and grants a person a wish, but the protagonist always wishes something so vague that it can be misinterpreted. I had found out a way to outsmart that when I thought about it in sixth grade.

  "Easy, I wish for an unlimited amount of wishes with no cost included, so no taking away anything from me!" I triumphantly demand.

  "W-wait, no, you can't do that! That's not how that works..." Tsukasa complains.

"You said you would grant me a wish though, correct?" I ask.

"Yeah, but not that one!"

  "Well, if that's the case, I don't want to make a wish."

  "What? Why?"

  "I'm not dumb. I know to be careful what I wish for, so as an extra precaution, I won't wish for anything."

  "Aw, come on! I bet you have so many things that you want to do. You probably want to be brought back to life, and maybe even make up for your sins. Maybe you still need to do something," He adds. "Maybe you still need to meet up with a person. You probably had friends in your past life, and if you want to see them again, I can make that happen!"

  My mind had instantly flashed back to Teru-kun, running towards me as I took my last breath. I hastily shook my head, trying my best to forget. I wasn't going to let a ghost take advantage of my vulnerabilities.

  "Hm? Looks like I struck a cord there, eh? You have somebody you want to see. Yes, I can do that! Easily." Tsukasa offered.

  I looked down at my feet, not wanting to face the supernatural.

  "Come on, you know you want it." He said, trying to convince me. He lifted my head up to face him. As our faces were only 5 inches apart, I took the opportunity to punch him so I could hopefully run away.

   As I punched him as hard as I could, he stood idle for a second or so.

  "Aww, that wasn't very nice, was it, (L/N)-chan?" He asked, looking up and charging towards me with a new bruise on his face.

  I ran to the door, but it was locked and there weren't any alternative exits. In a matter of seconds, he caught up to me, backing me up into a corner with a knife to my throat.

  "I don't like using force that much, but since you were so mean to me, I kinda have to. (L/N)-chan," He whispered in my ear. "Make a wish right here, right now. If you don't do so, then I'll chop you into pieces and serve it for lunch in the school cafeteria. '(L/N) soup' is what I'll call it."

  I gulped in and spoke up. "I... Want to see Teru-kun again..." I wished in defeat.

  "Got it, your wish is my command!" He backed away from me, dropping the knife.

  I stood silent, traumatized from the experience. Only I would be hapless enough to almost die again, not even a full year after my death.

  "So, what's the price I have to pay for the wish?" I asked.

  "You'll see, one second! Ahem," He continued. "SAKURA-CHAN, WE'RE READY! DO THE ANNOUNCEMENT NOW!"

  "Huh?" I quirk an eyebrow.

  "You'll see." Tsukasa winked at me.

  A slight click was heard from the school intercom, timed almost too perfectly.

"Have you students heard about the new myth?" The voice announced over the speaker system.

—————————

"Have you heard about the newest legend floating around? 'The Ballad of (Y/N)-san' is what they call it. You may think that the name sounds familiar, and that's probably because it is. (L/N) (Y/N)'s spirit lives on, terrorizing living beings.

It all started when (L/N)-san was practicing her violin skills in the band room, when a poor innocent lady wandered in, interrupting (L/N). Completely enraged, (L/N)-san brutally slaughtered the innocent girl with no remorse. The violin bow that she had impaled the girl with was the one she had been using to practice. It was told that another reason as to why (L/N)-san massacred her was jealousy.

  As she looked at the dead body, she laughed psychotically and impaled herself for the fun of it. Even when she was slowly bleeding out, she had never felt regret, denial, nor had she cried. She had remained happy as she was drifting away from this world, (eye color) eyes slowly becoming dull and lifeless.

According to the myth, (L/N)-san is said to appear in the band room at 3:26 pm. She will challenge whoever walks in at that time, demanding them to perform a ballad on the spot about their life experiences. If you are able to make her cry, she will then become your eternal servant. If you can't make her cry, she will impale you with her signature violin bow. It's said to be extremely hard to make her cry though." Aoi-chan explained dramatically with suspense.

Everybody surrounding the table gasped and whispered about the rumor.

"Holy shit, I know her! She is— was Minamoto-senpai's best friend! They always followed each other around in middle school." One kid said.

"Yeah, I remember her. She was pretty and nice." Another stated.

"Wait, wait, I thought (L/N)-chan was Minamoto-senpai's girlfriend!"

"Wait... I have an observation! It was told that she killed someone out of jealousy, and maybe she had feelings for Minamoto-senpai... a whole bunch of people like him, so maybe the girl she killed was in love with him. It's all adding up!"

'How foolish.' I scoffed. All of these idiots were so focused on their stupid rumors, while I'm in this tricky predicament that I'm trying to escape. Tsukasa had taught me about surviving as a spirit. I had to live up to the rumors that he made. I was forced to work with him, otherwise I'd die. I didn't know how this would've help me meet Teru-kun again. Maybe the price I had to pay for my wish was my freedom. I wouldn't be shocked at all, not one bit.

'How do I get myself out of this?'