𝚝𝚜𝚞𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚊 𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚗𝚘 || 𝟸.𝟸

Tsubasa is perhaps the most annoying person I have ever met. When I became friends with Teru, I never anticipated anybody asking me about his availability, phone number, etcetera. Me and Tsubasa sit next to each other during social studies, and she always asks me about Teru during class.

  "Hey, (L/N)-channnn! Does Minamoto-kun like ice cream?"

  "(L/N)-chan~ Is Minamoto-kun interested in anybody right now?"

  "Dear (L/N)-chan, you already know the ordeal. Do you have Minamoto's number, by any chance?" She had asked me in class for the seventh time.

  "Tsubasa... I'm trying to focus," I grumble. "And no, I don't have Teru-kun's number." I may have lied a little there, but I don't want to give Teru's number to a random girl.

  "Hey, (Y/N)-san, why are you talking during class?" Our teacher boomed.

  "Oh, she was just asking me for a pencil, no need to worry, Jurai-sensei!" Tsubasa claimed.

  "Alright. I best not catch you two talking again, though!"

I'd been sick of Tsubasa for a long time, so I devised a great plan to get rid of her. As the bell rang, Tsubasa did the usual mini-interrogation.

"(Y/N)-chaaaaaaan! Does Minamoto-kun ever talk about me?" She asked.

"Oh, well... I got bad news from him, the other day, he uhm... Told me that he really dislikes you." I prevaricated.

"H-huh?!? Did he really say that? I can't believe it! What did I do wrong? Does he think I'm too clingy? Or what?" She cried.

In reality, Teru-kun doesn't know Tsubasa-chan at all. He never has even talked about her or mentioned her name before. I was just hoping Tsubasa would back off when she realized Teru didn't reciprocate her feelings, and that's exactly what she did. I no longer had to deal with Tsubasa during school. Mission accomplished!

  That sweet freedom only lasted for a week, though.

  "(L/N)-chaaaan! I can't take it anymore, what can I do to make him like me?" Tsubasa desperately asked.

  "You're really lovestruck over this guy, aren't you?" I sigh.

  "(L/N)-chan, I don't think you realize how much I admire him! There's a reason, too! Other than him being handsome, and smart, and handsome, and strong, and handsome..." She swooned.

  "And that is?"

  "I remember in third grade, I was messing with a cute little pink bunny creature carelessly... It took a piece of my lunch, and I was trying to get it back by snatching it away from em'. The bunny bit my finger, though! A got a really bad cut on my finger, but thankfully Minamoto-kun saved the day! I remember, he got me a band-aid and shooed away the little bunny. 'Are you okay?' he asked... I said yes, and he told me that he was glad that I wasn't hurt! I'm so lucky, I couldn't believe the one and only Minamoto Teru cared for me. Heheh." She giggled and put her hand on her cheek as if she was looking back on that memory.

  I was so tempted to say 'Sorry to break it to you, but he tries to save everybody. You really aren't special.' I held it back and responded kindly.

  "Oh wow, that's cool."

  "I know, right? It just breaks my heart to know that he hates me now, you know? Maybe you could talk to him and convince him that I'm nice." She shrugged.

  "I guess I'll try to put in a good word for you or whatever."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, (Y/N)-chan!" She chanted with gratitude.

"No problem, I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow." I said.

Okay, that may have been another lie. I wasn't gonna tell Teru about what happened, not in a million years. Plus, if he answers positively, then Tsubasa would be ecstatic. Hence why I just lied about how he reacted.

"(L/N)-chan, how did it go, does he like me again?" Tsubasa asked.

"Oh, he said that he still doesn't like you for whatever reason, I don't know why." I lied.

"Ugh, it's useless," She moaned. "Why won't he like me back? I'm disappointed."

And that marked the day when Tsubasa never asked me about Teru ever again.

Meanwhile, my feelings had grew even more for Teru. I would do practically anything to get away from the mob that followed him, such as hiding away in the library. Anything for alone time with him. Anything to be closer to him. While he was running for the president role for our leadership class in our 3rd year of middle school, I had ran for secretary so I could be closer to him. I thought that maybe if I got used to being with him, my feelings for him would lessen. That was far from what happened, though. I had decided to talk to the Vice President about it. Aoi Akane was the Vice President because of his smarts. He could never surpass Teru-kun though, just like me.

"Aoi-kun, this may be an inappropriate question to ask, but," I said. "How do you get over a crush? I see you rejected time and time again by that one girl, so I assume you know how to deal with it?" I ask.

"Oh... Well, I still like her. But I can try to help you get over your crush. Who's the lucky guy?" He asked.

"Uhhh, does it matter?" I nervously said.

"Yep! It does. Getting over someone depends on the person you're trying to get over. Different people require different methods. But also, I'm just curious." He exclaimed.

"Well, if you insist, I want you to help me get over Teru-kun." I said.

"Oh, if that's the case, I can't really help you with that."

"Huh? How come?"

"Well, I don't have any method that would work on getting over him."

"Really? That blows. Thank you, though." I sigh.