KABANATA 9

[Third Person]

CHRISTIAN treated his wounds with the first aid kit he has inside his room. Nasa harapan siya ng salamin at pinapahiran ng ointment ang kaniyang mga sugat nang may kumatok sa kaniyang pintuan. Without words, footsteps were coming his way.

"I've already sent her home."

"Thanks, Dad. You're the best," he answered without looking back at his father.

King Daryl sat on the edge of his king sized bed and folded his arms., "So why the hell did you get into a fight without even fighting?"

"I just got annoyed, Dad. Ang kulit kasi nung gago niyang ex. At kung lumaban ako, baka hindi mo lang ako sa presinto susunduin," pangisi-ngising sagot niya sa ama habang pakunwari'y sakit na sakit siya sa mga natamong sugat.

"How did you even get there? You were just here when Sam sent her home or did you..." Nakataas ang kilay nito sa biting katanungan.

"It just happened I was passing by the area, Dad. Are you trying to dig something from me?"

Nagkibit balikat si King,. "That came from your mouth, not mine."

"Tsk. But that's what you're trying to say. Don't fool me. I know you very well, Dad. You're my father."

"I know you very well too, Son. You are my child."

Natawa si Christian at nakipag-fist bump pa sa kaniyang ama. "Wala ka talagang kupas, Mr. King Daryl."

"Your mom will freak out if she knew about this."

"Kaya nga sa'yo ako nagpasundo. I know you can keep a secret, unlike Sam and the rest of your gang." Kumuha si Christian sa mga skin toned band aids niya at idinikit sa sugat. He took a black hoody from his walk-in closet and wore it just like his usual getup.

"Kamusta pala yung hawak mong case sa Sorsogon?"

"I already went there few days ago and I found a lot of interesting information. Wala talagang maitatagong dumi ang mga pulitiko."

"Just know how to be careful, Christian. Don't get in trouble with the law. Any criminal record will likely end your career at CIA as a secret agent.,"

"Yes, Dad."

"Some politicians are ruthless. They are inhuman fucking bastards who do not care about the law anymore."

"Yeah, that's why I enjoy putting 'em all in jail. They just have two choices, Dad. It's either they go through the law or they go straight to Satan in hell."

King Daryl chuckled at how his son grew up so well. "I always got your back if you need help."

"I got this, Dad. Don't worry, everything is fine." His Dad patted his shoulder and went out of his room.

Pinagmasdan niya ang papalabas na pigura ng ama. He felt so lucky na may mga magulang silang napaka-supportive. Kahit nasa tamang edad na sila ni Sam para i-take over ang kompanya ay hindi sila pinipilit ng mga ito. King Daryl is still the Chairman and CEO of the merged companies of Smith Corporation and Nakashige Group while Yuka Colleen acts as the Vice President. Pero sa kabila ng maluwag na pagpapalaki sa kanila ng mga magulang, they still know how they are supposed to act as heirs of this huge corporation. Sam and Christian are now part of the Board of Directors where they take part on the decision making inside the company. Sobrang na-appreciate nina King at Yuka ang kusang loob na pagtulong na ito ng mga anak.

KINABUKASAN, pagdating ni Adara sa set ng teleserye ni Pierre ay agad siyang ipinakilala ni Ms. Dette kay Candy—ang dating assistant ni Pierre para i-endorse ang trabaho nito sa kaniya.