26: Bittersweet

Jennie's POV

I flinched my eyes as I struggled to open them, in almost blinding light coming from the window. But then the direct rays were blocked as I now comfortably opened my eyes, I got to see the person I least wanted to see that day.

"What are you doing here Taehyung?"I asked as I got up from the opposite side of the bed from where he stood.

"Came to check up on you an hour earlier actually. But you were sleeping."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"There is no need to check up on me"And saying that I swiftly made my way to the washroom. I got so embarrassed after seeing my swollen eyes in the mirror which were also a shade of red.

Now as I think of the last night's event, half of it doesn't make any sense to me as to why I cried so much? We never had anything between us. Even if we did, it was only one sided.

I splashed water on my face, the water was cool and comforted my tired eyes. I got refreshed and took a shower then I put some casual loose clothes. As I got out of the wash-

"What's wrong with your eyes?" I got startled at that voice as I saw Taehyung who was earlier sitting on the bed, abruptly standing up and walking towards me.

I tried avoiding eye contact,as I hurriedly went towards my closet pretending to find my clothes. He clutched my hand and pulled me towards him, I still avoided eye contact, he gently lifted my head as I eventually was bound to make an eye contact.

"What's wrong?" He asked in his deep voice.

My heart sank on the thought that I have no right on him and whatever he was doing and I was feeling for him was actually wrong.

"Nothing" I said as I tried to free his grasp.

This time he pulled me even with greater force as he pressed his chest against mine. It felt sensual as much as it felt wrong.

"You're a terrible liar princess"

I don't want to lie, but how can I say the truth either?

"I said nothing's wrong, I just miss my mother"

"Don't lie to me"

"I am not"

Before he was going to reply, somebody knocked on the door and I immediately shouted, "Get in".

This time Taehyung loosened his grasp but was still holding onto my waist. I felt so embarrassed as I saw Agatha who came by, slightly smiling at us.

"Good morning Lord Taehyung & Miss Jennie. Breakfast is ready, Queen Yu-ri will be accompanying you all today."

"We'll be there, you may go now" Taehyung replied. And Agatha left the room closing the door. Oh no, not again.

"You better speak the truth right away" He said with his signature stone, emotionless face.

"I already told you and why you care anyways? I don't find it necessary to say you anything further"

He looked a bit annoyed with my answer but then after a few seconds, he gently pushed back a strand of hair that was falling on my eyes and said-

"Okay don't, but just know that I'm always here for you"

A sharp pain pierced my heart.

"Please go away" I said under my breath not expecting him to listen but after that he let me go and actually walked out of the door.

Before I could let out a sigh of relief, somebody opened the door, again!

"Actually you know what, you're coming with me..." I saw Taehyung walking up to me, gripping my wrists and then literally dragging me out of the room.

"What the hell! Let go off me"

"No, I am not" He said as I tried with my full energy to stop but god, he was so strong .

"JUST LET ME GO!"

After that he stopped and turned towards me, he gripped my hand so hard that it actually hurt this time.

"I have told you once to never fucking raise your voice at me" He said with gritted teeth.

I could feel his intense gaze on me. I jerked off his hands as tears started to roll down my eyes, "Fuck you" I said and ran back to my room.

Why is he like this? Why am I like this? What's happening with me?

It took me quite sometime to get normal, I went straight downstairs for breakfast because I didn't want to look like a spoilt little brat. As I reached the table, almost all of them were already there except for Taehyung.

I slowly moved towards my chair and sat down. Nancy didn't pay any attention to me this time but was constantly looking for someone, most probably Taehyung.

The queen came shortly after. She greeted all of us as we gladly reciprocated it.

A maid came and said-
"I'm sorry to interrupt my majesty , But Lord Taehyung said that he would not be able to attend the breakfast as he has some important business to take care of"

"Mum, I'll go check on V. You enjoy" Nancy said and immediately left.

Ofcourse, you would.

After we all had our food. The queen got up and announced-

"To all my dear children present over here, Last time You couldn't meet Lord Yang Hyun-Suk, my lovely husband. But I feel happy to announce that he'll be present for dinner tonight and all of yours presence will be highly praised!"

She left after saying that, Oh so we'll finally get to see the father.

"Hey guys.! Listen! Let's go for shopping tonight. We haven't even been to any mall." Lisa said enthusiastically.

"I have no issues, BTW aren't you paying all our bills?" Jungkook said.

"No, why should I? I'm paying just for the girls, not you"Lisa replied.

"Such a miser" JK said, mockingly and then followed a long taunting battle between Lisa and Jungkook.

I chatted with them for a bit and went upstairs. As I was walking towards my room, I heard Taehyung's voice from Nancy's room.

I obviously didn't eavesdrop. I descended to my room and locked my door. I was learning to accept the truth. All I will ever have with Taehyung are only bittersweet memories.

For the rest of the day we played games, I called my mom who didn't even pick up a single call. I was truly missing her. I had my lunch in my own room and then dozed off.

 I had my lunch in my own room and then dozed off