Chapter 3 - Pledges and years

A/N: Harry is born the year after Gaga was defeated

Nah, of course it's about us. The gods, fates and world hate me, and doesn't want me to be safe for a year. I thought grumpily.

Soon, we were scrambling back to our seats, since Chiron was coming back. we all looked up at him from our seats innocently. He face-palmed, judging from his expression, he knew we had been listening in on his conversation.

"alright demigods, give me a week... I need to figure something out... go and do whatever you need too.

A week had past, everyone that we had alerted was at camp. I was always with Annabeth, once she got here. Chiron had disappeared a few days ago, saying he needed to go make some arrangements. Which, me and Annabeth had discussed

Now, we were in another councillors meeting. I sat next to Annabeth. Thalia was eyeing us. That why I wasn't holding Annabeth's hand. Thalia, sometimes, was scary. I smiled at her, giving her my try me look. Chiron cleared his throat. All of us demigods, while fiddling wit something. Only then I realised I was l playing with my ballpoint pen.

"alright, I've talked to the Olympians... and they all agreed on what we should do" he said. I tried not to laugh about the fact that the Olympians had all agreed on something.

Thalia raised her hand

"Chiron, first of all, hello, second, what in the river Styx is going on?" she glared at me. I had tried to explain to the hunter what had happening, I must not have given a good enough explanation. I shrugged. Chiron explained. A few times some demigods butted in, filling stuff in that Chiron forgot. She nodded. Understanding.

"what did they agree on?" Annabeth asked once Chiron had finished explaining.

"they agreed that everyone should make a pledge..." he said.

"too who?" Jason and Piper asked. Chiron smiled

"to the camp" he whispered

"wait... there's a pledge to the camp?" Annabeth asked. Slightly confused.

"YOU DON'T KNOW SOMETHING?!?!?!?!" I asked, almost yelling. She glared at me, giving the do you want to be punched? Look. My life has been a lie... Annabeth knows everything... I silently thought. Chiron face-palmed, as several of the other demigods laughed.

"yes, there is a pledge... Thalia you won't have to take the pledge"

"why?" she asked

"because, the pledge to camp is basically the same as the pledge to Artemis" he explained "it's a pledge that several people take when, were sure that there in a prophecy. It keeps them immortal, unless they die in battle... I have to say that their pledge has been complete, for them to become mortal again" he said.

"so, we have to pledge us to the camp? What do we have to do too help the camp?" Miranda from the Demeter cabin asked

"well basically you become honorary camp directors" Chiron stated. I looked at all the other campers. Majority of them had the same expression, interested.

"what is the pledge?" I asked. Chiron said it

"I pledge myself to Camp Half-Blood, I take up the responsibility of a secondary camp director, I shall protect, run and set an example for other campers, I pledge myself to Camp Half-Blood" he said. I glanced at Annabeth

"we agree" we said in unison, followed by the other demigods

"you have to say the pledge yourselves, you idiots" the hunter scowled at us. As we all collectively glared at her. Like the hunter had said w did have to say it ourselves, which we all did. I felt no different, I didn't know about anyone else, but I didn't feel any different. Then Chiron released us.

TIME SKIP

I smiled down at Annabeth, we still looked like we did 16 years ago. When we'd made the pledge to camp. When Nico and Will came up too us

"what do you love birds want?" I asked. Nico blushed, even after 16 years he was still embarrassed about being, well gay.

"big house, our pledge might be over" Will replied. Me and Annabeth glanced at each other before walking over to the big house. Once we a taken a seat, with the same people who were present when we made our pledge

"I have recently been talking to some allies, and we're certain that the prophecy is officially ready to take place, you demigods, have completed your pledge" he said, this time it felt different. Sure, I felt the same, but something just felt different.

"who's the boy with a scar of lightning?" Annabeth asked

"his name is Harry Potter"