I

Oh. Hi. How's life?

Well, I guess that if you're reading this, life isn't exactly going fine. You looked for this, you know what's up, with the apocalypse, I mean. Not with me, so I guess I'll start with that.

My name is Y/N L/N and my life is great. Kinda.

Okay, my life is good enough. The problem is that before this whole thing I wasn't popular. No, I wasn't a loser either; or an outcast that only played by her own rules. I was just a kid.

I was the right amount of friendly, I was an "ok" student at school, I was free to go to parties and I did, but I also spent plenty of Friday nights binge-watching Netflix at home until I couldn't feel my butt. No one ever watched me up-close, and now I don't even have parents that look after me or to talk about how my day was. And I really wish I had someone that I can tell how my fucking day was. If I'm honest, these last few weeks have been nothing but a lonely existence.

"But Y/N!" you say, "Didn't you mention you had friends?"

Well, yeah. Emphasis on "had". See, even if I had plenty not all of them wanted to form a new group: two of them left with the cheeramazons, others found their home with the gamers, some even were brave enough to leave the city and go look for relatives their age that might still be alive. I was one of them. I went looking for my sister with my ex-best friend to her college hoping that I would find her; which I did. Turns out being twenty years old is enough for you to turn into a ghoulie. So I parted ways with my best friend and I went back to Glendale, the only place where I know my way around because I've lived here since I was a baby, and I'll probably die here in about a month or so, let's face it.

Since most of the tribes intimidate me, I quietly made my way into the far lines of the jocks. I wasn't noticed, kind of like the backstage crew, I did things here and there whenever they asked me to do them and got no recognition from that. I was fine with it, honestly. That until Turbo finally lost it and started to kill kids for fun. Like we didn't have enough with Baron Triumph!

So I left the place and nobody stopped me, of course, no one really cared. My normal life was quiet; my post-apocalyptic one is just that, but with a bit more of freedom. I've been living on my own for like three months now, and I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Adapt and survive, right? Just like in Highschool.

And I was doing just that until Josh wheeler decided to crash into me.

"Hey!" I growled from where I was laying on the floor, my knee and elbow scraped and burning, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"No time! The jocks are chasing me, c'mon!"

Now, I could've said 'No thanks! I'll leave you to it!' but the guy was scared shitless and he didn't wait for a reply, He stood up and pulled me with him. He got on his skateboard without letting go of my hand and I had no choice but to move along, my roller-skates were going so fast against the asphalt, that I was sure they'd be ruined once we reached... wherever it is Josh is taking me.

At some point, he let go of my hand and I simply decided to stick around for a moment. If he was actually in trouble, he could need a hand.

"Wait, here..."

Josh gave a sharp turn to the right and into an alley, I followed. Once he made sure no one was there he leaned against the wall and sighed deeply, eyes closed. I stood there with my arms crossed, waiting for the explanation he owed me. When he opened his eyes and realized I was still there, he tilted his head.

"Y/N, right?"

We knew each other, barely though. We got paired up for a school project and that was it. Josh was the typical new kid that no one really pays attention to. He didn't have any specific traits or amazing talent. He did manage to date Sam Dean I think, I don't know how did he manage to do it, but I guess the thing is that he's nice. A good guy overall. He was just Josh.