VIII

I bet you're not surprised. This whole story started with me telling you that my life changed because of Josh. I guess is not a shocker to find out I didn't leave the mall. Although the circumstances must've been surprising right? No? Okay then, party poopers. I'll keep going with my narration:

"Where is he?"

"Still on the carrousel," Angelica tells me, "he's been there since last night"

"You keep giving him the slime?"

"Yes, I also make sure he eats it"

"Well, at least he's eating something," I sigh, "I don't get it, where do you found her body again?"

Wesley coughs, he's laying on the couch in front of me, so I can't see his face but I can hear his voice:

"The middle of the street, close to a parking lot"

"Close to Cheeramazon territory?"

"No, no one lives there."

"What was she doing there?"

"Maybe she was looking for Josh," Offers Angelica, "you and Josh were loners, Sam could've been one too, only that she wasn't lucky"

"Maybe"

I think about it for a moment, Sam and Josh were sorta dating when all this happened, they fought and she wants to fix things but she's alone and things get out of control. It's an awful thought, yet possible.

"Why didn't you tell me when you got back?" I ask them, "you seemed okay when I talked to you..."

"You were happy to see us back with the medicines," Wesley retorts, "we didn't want to ruin your mood. I know we did it anyway the next morning but at least you got to sleep better that night, right?"

"I suppose," I sink further in the bed.

That afternoon I tell Angelica that I'll take the slime to Josh and a small cup of the instant chicken soup I had on my bag. He's laying on the floor, his eyes are closed, however, I know he's not sleeping. I know cause I've seen the way he looks when he sleeps.

Okay, that sounded creepy. Ignore that I said that.

I walk up to him and kick his leg softly. He opens his eyes and looks over at me.

"Time to eat," I put the bowl with slime next to his head and the chicken soup next to it, then I sit on his right. Josh gets up and takes the first bowl between his hands.

"I'm getting real' tired of the taste," His voice is low, hurting.

"You should've thought of that before cutting off your finger" I reply.

"I was preoccupied thinking about not becoming a Ghoulie."

"Right," I smile softly, "how are you feeling?"

"Like crap," He looks at me briefly before putting his attention back on the slime, "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Okay," I change my position so I'm facing him completely, "I just want you to know that I get it. You don't have to tell me anything but I know how you feel."

He looks up again and this time his eyes remain on me, curiosity pouring through them.

"Your sister?"

"My sister, my parents, my best friend..." I sigh, "it's all the same at the end if I'm honest"

"What do you mean?"