V

"Hey Wheeler, stay with me," I slap his face lightly to keep him alert, "c'mon dude, Angelica's coming."

Alex was sort of right about me. I take care of my people. Not that Josh is exactly my people, but he's the closest thing I've had to that in a long time. I'm aware it's only been a day, but still, I don't want him to die. He worked so hard to find Sam I think it'd be shitty if he doesn't get to reunite. I'll stay and help, so my departure has been delayed.

"I'm an idiot," He mumbles half-conscious, "I'm an idiot with no index finger on his left hand"

And I try, I try so hard to avoid laughing cause this isn't a fun situation. Josh is losing a lot of blood. I can see the bone and muscles of his finger. I try and I fail cause it's so ridiculous. He got bitten and instead of asking he jumped straight into the "guess I'll cut it" part. Now he has no finger, and he is an idiot, but I have to act like he's not so he doesn't feel worse.

"It's ok, everybody makes mistakes from time to time," I reassure him, "we'll figure it out, we have to cauterize the cut and maybe we'll have to sew it. We can fix it. Now be good and keep your hand high while I cut a piece of this."

He obeys and I rip the lower part of my shirt. I wash it hurriedly on the sink to get rid of most of the dust and when I'm done I kneel in front of him again and press the tip of his finger tightly. He screams and I shush him.

"Don't move your hand! I'll take care of this, just don't move."

"I'm back!" Angelica's carrying duct tape and bandages on her arms, she drops them in front of me, "we should get to work."

"You must have a lighter on that backpack," I tell her, "get it along with Josh's sword. We have to warm it hot enough to help us stop the bleeding."

"You sure you know how to do this?" She asks skeptically.

"Do I look like a fucking doctor? No, I don't but we have to do something," I push her lightly towards the exit, "Get your backpack!"

"Okay! I'm on it!" She huffs, running back out.

"Weren't you about to leave?" His eyes are tightly shut and his voice comes out harsh from clenching his teeth, I shush him again.

"I can't leave you like this, can I? That'd be shitty of me, considering you help me get supplies and all"

"I just brought you to the mall, you got all that on your own"

"Still, if it wasn't for you we'd still believe this is Baron's territory," Angelica comes back and kneels beside me, she grabs the sword and puts the end above the flame of her lighter.

"You don't have any kind of anesthesia on that magical bag of yours, do you?"

"Sorry, no," The girl replies without looking away from her job, "and the pharmacy is on Eli's side, those things are the only stuff I could find."

"Eli's side?" I ask, "He locked us up again?"

"No. Wesley locked Eli," She answers, "I need something stronger than my lighter, this won't cut it."

"Didn't you have a blowtorch or something?"

"Sorta," She stands up again, "I'll be back!"

"Well, we have to wait like, ten minutes for the bleeding to decrease anyway."

"How do you know this stuff?" Josh asks, a bit reluctant.

Because I read it on a fanfic once.