IV

Josh steps inside the store and prepares to put his hand in danger, not without whining and groaning, of course, I can't blame him, putting your hand down someone's throat must be disgusting.

The closest thing I've seen to this is that time Alex and I were over at Nathan's and Alex had to pull a plastic cap out of Nathan's dog's mouth. The way his hand smelled that day... ugh, totally would not recommend. We had to rush over to the vet to make sure Patty hadn't swallowed any more plastic items, it's like a block away from the mall, so we decided to let Nathan take his dog back home and we stayed here.

-Time for another beautiful flashback, sponsored by the terrible image of Josh searching on a ghoulie's stomach with his bare hand-

"Don't ever let me put my hand down a dog's throat ever again."

"How often do you think it could happen?"

"Dogs are silly, Y/N, I don't know," He shrugs, examining his hand with repulsion.

"If you ask me, I think that was pretty heroic," I offer.

"Shut up," He whines.

"For real!"

"You're only saying that so I don't feel as gross..."

"I say it cause I think it was a brave move. Patty's a pitbull, she could've eaten your arm," I giggle.

"Nah, she's an angel"

Alex is the angel, but I won't admit that to his face.

"Will you ever take a compliment without shrugging it off?" I roll my eyes, "I'm trying to say that I admire you, bitch." Alex laughs at my outburst.

"I only do it so you keep complimenting me, isn't it working?" He winks at me, and I feel the urgent need to push him towards the passing cars. Or hold his hand. Whatever.

"Sure. Tell you what, let's go to the mall, I'll get you icecream and you can look for a bathroom and wash your hand."

"Yes, please," He sighs and takes my hand to practically drag me on the direction of the mall. Alright then, I don't mind at all.

—————————————

Josh got the keys. His hand is covered in something gross and I can't hide the smirk that's growing on my face.

"The things we do for love, am I right?" I grin.

"Don't start, Y/N," He complains.

"No I mean, fucking respect. Not everyone would do that for their crush." He shakes his head at my statement, not flattered at all.

"I just wanna find Sam."

"And I want to get out of here, so let's go!" I start walking, a new burst of energy going through my veins now that we have the keys.

"I'll see you around," He tells Angelica, and I happily wave goodbye while passing.

"Guys!" She says, following us.

"So what's your plan, then?" Josh looks at me, "You're leaving too? What about your skates?"

"There's a store close to my old neighborhood, I'll get a new pair from there."

"You can't wait to leave, huh?"

"Same as you," I frown, "I'm sure anywhere's better than with a bunch of weirdos."

"Hey! Just because you're not as cool doesn't mean I'm weird" He replies playfully.

"I don't think so, mister," I hold to my backpack tighter, getting ready to go out, "I just need to leave this place, this mall has brought me nothing but trouble..."