IX

"Y/N, can I ask you a question without making you mad?"

"I don't know Josh, you'll have to ask me the question first"

"Why are you still wearing that?"

I look down at my clothes and laugh.

"I forgot," I look at my reflection on the closest glass and examine the torn shirt that covers my body.

"So it wasn't a fashion statement?" Asks Josh with a smirk.

"Sadly no," I stand up and stretch my arms, yawning, "I think it's time I get a new outfit."

"You're finally changing your resident evil cosplay?" Wesley walks by me, eyeing me up, Josh laughs.

"Don't be mean," I stick out my tongue, "I'd rock a resident evil cosplay"

"I don't doubt it," He raises his hands, "go nuts"

Wesley points towards the stores and I happily comply.

"You want us to go with you?" Josh raises his voice, following me with his eyes.

"I'll be fine, you guys stay"

As I'm walking away I hear Wesley talking to Josh.

"We should practice our sword skills"

"Dude, yes!" Josh answers.

I chuckle lowly and head straight into my favorite store.

It's been a while since I got new clothes for myself; being alone is okay I guess, but it's nice to be able to calmly pick an outfit without worrying about being attacked.

I also get to pick something that will match my skates no matter what. You know when you have a specific favorite outfit that you wanna wear all the time but is not socially acceptable to do so cause then people will think you don't shower? Well, now those rules don't apply anymore cause everyone wears the same clothes all the time and it's a known fact that we don't shower.

With that in mind, I pick the stuff that makes me the happiest and put them on. When I look in the mirror I feel amazing, and I take it as a sign that I have finally found my outfit.

"Y/N, we prepared a whole obstacle course, come see it!"

"You wanna see my new outfit?" I ask excitedly from the changing rooms.

"Sure!" Josh replies, walking in, "Where are you?"

"Turn around and I'll come out!" I drag the curtain and walk out towards him, I'm pleased to see he followed my instructions and is facing the entrance, "You can look now!"

He turns around and I show my outfit with my arms extended.

"So?"

"That's a... are those short overalls?" He examines them carefully.

"Yes!" I smile wildly, "and a lime-green shirt. With fun socks," I raise my eyebrows, "get it? so I can match the skates you gave me"

"That's, uh..."

"You don't like it," I lowered my arms, frowning, "Why?"

"It's not that!" He quickly counters, "it's just... well, your arms and legs are exposed and we live surrounded by things that bite."

"Yes, but I have a hammer," I say sternly.

Josh stares at me.

"A hammer won't protect you from a horde."