VII

I sent Wesley and Angelica to talk to Eli but it was a failure so now I'm waiting here while they get medicines from another place. I'm hungry as hell and waiting for a solution isn't helping my anxiety. So I write a third note apart from the ones Wesley and Angelica put about going to the pharmacy on Josh's hand saying I'm looking for more bandages (cause now we only have one left) and that he better don't move from where he is or I'll knock him off again.

See? this is what I mean, people only cause you problems if you're a good person. Will Josh wake up to thank us for doing all this stuff? Probably not, cause he's too busy thinking about kissing Sam to be a decent human being.

But who am I to judge anyway, is not like I was the embodiment of selflessness. I was going to end Alex's relationship, that's the kind of person I am.

——————————————

"Alex, hey! Alex!" I've been standing outside his place for what it feels like the longest time, it's freezing and dark out here; if my parents notice I'm not home I won't hear the end of it, but this is important. I need to know exactly where I'm standing on Alex's life.

'Y/N, you literally told us like two chapters ago that you and Alex never talked about the kiss, what the hell are you doing?' Well...

"Y/N? Is all okay?"

Just keep reading.

"Stuart," I say in a tone of surprise, "I didn't know you were coming over to Alex's"

"Yeah, we're gonna watch a movie" Stuart says, giving me a curious look, "I didn't know he had invited you"

"He didn't," I say quickly, "no, I just need to talk to him about something... school stuff."

"School?"

"I know it's late, but you know me," I shrug, trying to sound as casual as posible, "I got all anxious about it and he wasn't answering my texts, so..."

"Oh, I think it's because he's taking a shower," He smiles, "but hey, let's go inside so you don't freeze to death."

"I really don't wanna bother..."

"Come on, Y/N, you're a friend," Stuart replies, "it's better if you stop worrying about it and ask him, you're here anyway."

We walk inside Alex's house and I sit on the edge of the couch, unable to control my anxiety. I look over to my friend and a sudden idea hits me. I could tell him and all would be over...

Stop! What did Katie just told you? I can't do it with Stuart here, I can't ruin their date. I can't ruin my friends' relationship just cause I'm confused about my own feelings. This is dumb, I can live with the doubt, I don't have to do this. I'll tell Stuart to not worry about it and I'll-

"Y/N?" Alex appears at the end of the stairs, his hair is damped and his shirt has tiny droplets. But overall he looks nice.

And that's when I realize, Alex never dressed like that for our outings. Or for when I was the one going over to his house to watch movies. He never did any of those nice things he does for Stuart. I discovered (with lots of pain) that if I ask him right now to tell me who is he in love with, he's not gonna say my name.

And that's all I needed to know.

"Uh, hi," My voice comes out hoarse, I try to fix it before I continue, "you know what?" I look over to Stuart, "I can fix it on my own, don't worry about it. Thanks for letting me in though."

"Are you sure?" Stuart asks me in confusion.

"Yeah, I'm sure. You..." I look intently to Alex, making sure he knows what I mean with what I'm about to say, "clearly have something more important going on here. Don't worry, I'll do fine."