III

I had spent the majority of that hour just walking in circles trying to find a solution to our current problem when Angelica came back telling us about the security Eli had put on the place. Not gonna lie, I was impressed. Suddenly, another of those horrible screams echoed to remind us that we're not alone. And after Angelica mentioned how we could always kill whatever it was the source of the noise, Josh was very reluctant about it.

"We're not killing anyone. This was the last place where Sam was seen. She's the only kid I knew who loved the mall."

"You didn't know a lot of kids then," I snort.

Josh stares at me in annoyance but continues his speech anyway.

"What if she's this Witch?"

"You think she turned into a ghoulie?" Angelica scrunches up her nose.

"You said it yourself, we have no idea what's going on. If there's even a chance, I have to help Sam"

"Eye roll, you only like Sam 'cause she may have touched your dick."

I snort again, totally amused. Josh's frown only grows deeper and I raise my hands in defeat.

"My bad. Gonna go and... I don't know, get snacks or something."

While I'm walking away I still manage to hear a few sentences of what Josh is saying.

"This is not about getting some handy from some rando. This is love."

"Is he listening to himself?" I shake my head, "this guy's crazy..."

Don't misunderstand. I do believe in love. The thing that I don't believe is Josh's speech of true love and loyalty. How can I, when I know that he met Sam for only a few months before the nuke? Do I think it's impossible to fall in love in such a short notice? Nah, I think it's totally believable. The thing is... okay, don't judge. But the thing is that we're teenagers, right? I mean, hormones are wild right now, you can be crazy in love with someone and still look at Chris Hemsworth and wish he would crush your head with his thighs or... whatever it is that you dream, I definitely don't think about that. I'm more of a Chris Evans lover.

So yeah, I'm sorry if I don't fully think that Josh, a seventeen-year-old boy, would have zero attraction to anyone who doesn't have Sam Dean's face. We're all human, for fuck's sake. I dated a guy while still completely whipped for Alex. And Alex dated several people too. And he had a talent for that, believe me.

Listen to this: don't fall in love at all. If you wanna feel loved, get tons of friends: mutuals on twitter, tumblr or fucking facebook for that matter. They'll always tell you pretty things. Or hug your parents. Your siblings. Literally, do anything but fall in love. I know it sounds like this beautiful thing from heaven but love is far from being the solution.

Crap. I'm sounding like a bitter asshole, aren't I? I'm sorry. The apocalypse it's taking a toll on me. Maybe I should take some time away from Glendale, go to a far land and never come back, maybe I should- HOLY FUCK THE WITCH IS HERE

I stand there, terrified of moving in a way that might warn her of my presence. I gather enough courage to walk away, little by little without turning my back to her so I can make sure she hasn't noticed me. Unfortunately, it also means I can't see Josh behind me, holding his skate like a shield with one hand, and a long stick with a chord at the end with the other.

"Don't freak," He whispers, and I react the only way anyone would react if a voice talks to their ear when they're alert: I scream.

The woman stands up and I quickly stand behind Josh's body. Hey, he's the one holding the shield! I have nothing. Luckily though, she doesn't attack us and instead, she walks further into the store.