2 - A Different Perspective

Outer's POV

I was just taking a walk to get my mind off things. Chara's been doing a lot of genocide recently, and I was really pissed. When I walked through the forest, I found myself near the edge of a cliff.

Huh. Never went here before.

That's when I saw a familiar glitchy black-boned skeleton. Dust was flaking off him and blood slowly dripped from his wounds. One leg looked broken. I almost felt pity for him, but he deserved it.

Right?

I quickly hid behind a tree. At first I was about to call Ink. Error was definitely up to no good, and I really didn't want my AU to be destroyed. But I looked again and saw that Error was knitting...a puppet? He seemed almost...peaceful. It just felt wrong to call Ink. After all, he still had quite a lot of wounds, and they seemed pretty nasty.

Did Ink do this?

If he tries to destroy anything, I'd still better call him.

"Duncle Error!"

I scowled at them. Chara has caused so many genocide runs recently. I really didn't want to see Papy die again.

"h3l£0 c0$M1c."

They...knew each other?

Chara ran over to Error and sat next to him on the cliff.

"What are you making? Is that me?"

"¥e@H, |t iš."

"That's really cool! I wish I could do that..."

"h3h, m@ÿße 1 caN t3acH y0u 5omed4y." Error took out a chocolate bar from his pocket and handed it to Chara. Chara smiled, but it wasn't an insane smile like Frisk often described. It was a genuine smile of gratefulness.

"Frisk is getting really annoying recently, 10 genocide runs in a row! And they're still going."

Chara, we know that you caused it.

"@nd 1 sUppO53 th3¥'£l jU5t bLam3 it On ¥oU 1n th3 enD."

...wait.

Chara nodded. "Exactly! Everyone thinks I 'possessed' Frisk but why would I? Why would I kill my best friend? And all I do is kill Frisk in the end. After all, they deserve it. But then they'll just reset, and nobody will remember anything! Sans remembers but Frisk always blames it on me whenever he asks! It was their choice to start genocide, just to feed their curiosity!"

...oh stars. So Frisk was doing everything of their own free will, just because they were curious about what would happen?

Error patted them on the back and Chara hugged him tightly.

"Anyway, I can tell Frisk is doing another reset. Hopefully I can convince them to do pacifist this time. Gotta get there soon or the timeline might mess up. Bye Duncle Error!"

If Frisk is gonna reset soon, I might as well get ready. It doesn't seem like they'll stop genocide anytime soon, so I don't really think Chara could convince them. Ah well, they might as well try.

"w@it €0$m¡c!" Error tossed Chara the puppet who nodded. "gOød lü€k w¡+h c0n\/1nc!ng Frį$k!"

Error looked at the stars until something made him wince in pain.

"gØdd@mn¡t 1nkÿ. ha\/3 yøU evęR t@k3n a ßr34k for mÕr3 th4n aN hOür¿"

Error got up and made a portal, probably to destroy another AU.

"hUh. F£øWerF3lL cOp¥ #57. wh¥ dO ¥øu hav3 tO m@kE so m4n¥ $Ãd aUs, 1nk¥?"

After the conversation, I was in shock. Chara was actually just trying to stop Frisk, who was in control in the first place? And Error. He was nice to Chara, and Chara had called him 'duncle'. Why did Error look like he was in pain when Ink, presumably, made a new AU? Is that why he destroys? Why did Error care that AUs like Flowerfell were depressing?

Was Ink lying about how Error was an emotionless, heartless, merciless destroyer, a murderer of thousands?

I wonder what else I don't know...