13 - Equilibrium

{The chapter name totally isn't taken from HappySnaps' fic, nope, nope, definitely, completely not--}

{There's also some fanart at the end if you want to see :] }

{Also, I apologise in advance if this whole chapter sounds like a joke, I just couldn't write this chapter as seriously as I wanted to, sorry.}

3rd POV

"Cross! HURRY THE HELL UP!"

Who was yelling? Well, it was Nightmare, the Guardian of Negativity, of course. He was yelling up at the direction of Cross' room, where Cross was changing. 

Blue tugged at Nightmare's sleeve. "Nighty, be patient-"

"YOU FREAKING OREO YOU TAKE AN HOUR TO CHANGE EVERY SINGLE DAY!"

"GIVE ME A FEW MORE MINUTES!"

Nightmare, who was now in his corrupted form, rolled his eye. "He doesn't even like that outfit, plus it takes him forever to change, why does he even keep wearing it?"

"Probably sentimental value. It's probably one of the only things left from his universe. Calm down, Nighty." Blue squeezed Nightmare tightly, and Nightmare returned to his passive form.

"Fine, but just for you Blue." Nightmare turned a little bit purple and Blue grinned at him.

~~~

Ink went over to the kitchen counter and pulled out his paint vials one by one from his sash, placing them on the counter. Then he looked over to his left.

"Oh. Hey Killer," he said, with little emotion. One eye light was a faint green and the other a faint magenta, both of them tiny pinpricks. 

Killer was throwing knives at a target that looked strangely like his soul, and teleporting the knife back each time it hit the target. He looked over at Ink. 

"Hi."

Killer resumed throwing knives and Ink went to go get a cup. Ink put the cup down on the counter and began pouring paint from his vials into the cup, adding equal amounts of each colour except for yellow and blue, which he added slightly more of. Killer teleported his knife back into his hand and watched Ink.

"So, you are soulless, huh?"

Ink put his vials back on his sash. "And I thought you were emotionless?"

"Well, I'm not anymore, not since Error convinced Nightmare to give me back my emotions. Of course, the LV already corrupted my soul, but at least I wasn't as numb as before." Killer continued to throw his knife.

"Huh. Okay." Ink downed the paint in the cup and one of his eye lights turned to an upside-down question mark, while the other turned into an exclamation mark. "Wait...how did you know?"

Killer began to play with his knife, knowing what Ink was talking about. "Error told us and Nightmare confirmed it since he could tell that your emotions were artificial. Apparently Cross knew too."

"Oh! Right! I think it was around 600 years ago...Error tried to grab my soul with his strings. And, well, he failed! Hehe, that look on his face was priceless...heh..." Guilt began to consume Ink once again as his eye light changed from a question mark to a magenta teardrop. "And as for Cross..." Ink began to giggle again. "He tried to scare me a while back..."

~~~

{If you want to see what this looked like, here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxltOaSVmO4 }