6 - Calm before the Storm

Error's POV

Welp. I'm done with Blue's scarf now. I carefully folded it and stuck a post-it on it that said "Blue". When the new, nicer Voices came, they brought a lot of stuff for me. Quite a lot of food, actually, most of which I gave to Horror. But they also brought some other stuff, such as this post-it pad.

Anyways, I'm bored now. The Voices, old and new, were clearly bored too, since they didn't say anything. I decided to open up a portal to Aftertale #1's Save Screen. Nobody knew what happened to Aftertale #0. Geno was one of my closest friends. I'd go as far as to call him a brother. I felt like I could relate to him. Maybe because he was also disconnected from his world? But it felt like something more...

Anyways-I looked inside the portal for any sign of Reaper - he seemed to visit Geno a lot these days - and walked in.

{Side note: Error, Fresh, and Geno are not 'biological' brothers in this story. However, they all know each other really well and are close enough to the point that they consider each other brothers.}

"g3nØ?"

Geno was sitting cross-legged in front of a window which showed the Chara killing the monsters of the underground. This Chara was different from the others, they were more cruel and more like the impression of Chara most people had.

Geno looked so sad and lonely...

"Hmm? Oh, Error!"

Geno ran up and hugged me. I permitted it. He was one of the only people who didn't trigger my haphephobia.

"Hello Duncle Error!" Frisk waved at me from within their small cage of bones. I tossed them a chocolate bar which they caught perfectly.

"šO, wH47'$ uP?"

"Other than the non-existent ceiling, not much. Tibia honest, not a skele-ton of things happen around here."

I smiled at the puns. We talked for a while, Geno slipping in a number of puns. He also talked about Reaper a lot. Makes me wonder if they're "only friends".

"yOû s3eM 7o t4|k @bou7 R34peR 4 lo+, dO yøŪ l1k3 h|m oR $0m3th1Ng?"

Frisk was wiggling their eyebrows.

Geno turned bright red and covered his face with his scarf. "N-no! Why w-would I l-like him?! H-he's a huge j-jerk! And a-anyways, we're j-just f-friends!"

"y34h r1gh7."

Geno didn't reply and just sat there blushing profusely for a few minutes. Then he finally spoke up.

"O-on the topic of Reaper, he should be coming around to visit soon. Do you want to meet and...get to know him?"

Now it was my turn to be stunned.

"n4h...1 doN'7 h@v3 th3 gUt$ FoR i7..."

"Aww, come on Error! Why, do you have a bone to pick with him?"

"n0, 1t'5 jU$t th4T h3'$ Øn tH3 '9o0d' $id3. y0U $hOu|d knO\/\/ hoW m4nY t!m3s | m@rRowlY E$c4peD 7h0se p3oPlE."

"No, I just think that you two have quite a lot in common. You were both forced into a job you hate, where you have to kill people because of it, and you both get a lot of backlash for it--"

That's when I heard a portal opening.

"!-|'m sOrRY g̶3̶n̵0̴ ̵1̷ ̷c̶4̴n̵̲̈́'̴̨̽7̴̮͂ ̶̈́ͅd̸͙́0̵̱̯̃̾ ̶͔̱̑͗t̸̘͓͝͝-̵̫̆̽t̶̰͊h̶̟̪̏̐/̵̡͐̂$̷͋͜͝!̷̢͔̉͘"

I quickly created a portal to the Anti-Void and jumped in.

"Error wai--"

The portal closed.

You coward.

You can't even die! Why are you so scared of Reaper?

It's okay Error...you were just nervous...

You useless, weak glitch.

I covered my 'ears' in a feeble attempt to block out the Voices. But they just kept tormenting me. When will this stop?

My soul gave a painful twinge as Ink created another AU.

I pulled up the code of the place and read what it said.

AU #4514

Name : .̷̺̪̭͐̏̔.̸̢͚̂̐͠ͅ.̵̘̈́̆̃͘.̷̖̮̾.̴̠̔͒̒.̸̡̪͎̼͛͂͗.̸̞͉̄̂.̷̳̤͎̬̋.̴͚̰̆ͅ\̶̢̧̎̔̓̓:̷͈̫̻̔̎̿͝

Copy #0

>>>

background.Color("White")

universe.Width(10000000000px)

universe.Length(10000000000px)

universe.Height(5000000000px)

import flower

Flower = flower.Object()

Flower.Color("#14dcff")

accessible_to_foreign_code = True

presence_of_magic = True

magic.Output(100)

sound_effects = True

>>>

Go destroy it you filthy glitch!

Destroying is all that you're good for!

Wait...doesn't the code show that this AU is practically blank, save for a flower?

Well, I guess this was the "blank AU" Blue told me about. Heh. Welp, it was going to happen one of these days. I opened a glitchy portal and was about to step in until somebody embraced me.

"му ¢нιℓ∂, ρℓєαѕє ∂σ ησт gσ. ι ¢αηησт ¢нαηgє уσυя ƒαтє, вυт ρℓєαѕє, ѕтαу нєяє αη∂ уσυ мαу нανє α ∂郃єяєηт ∂єѕтιηу."

"Destiny? 1$ th@T y0U? !'m sØrrY ßu7, | gOt7a dO Wh@7 1 9otT4 d0."

I walked into the portal, ready to meet my end.

{I only took a few coding lessons, so sorry if the code looks weird. I had a lot of fun writing it though òwó}

{Sorry this chapter was short, the next chapter will definitely be longer since it'll be about the battle! I'm so excited to write it! I love writing fight scenes -w-}