3 - Regret

Error's POV

I landed in the Flowerfell copy's Snowdin and checked the code. Flowerfell was always a bit strange to me. All Flowerfell AUs only have one timeline, where Frisk eventually dies without reset possibilities. Seems like this timeline was already reaching its end, since Frisk had already died. A bit strange since this is a newborn AU, but time always seems to work differently between the universes.

I wrapped my strings around the souls of the monsters in Snowdin and quickly shattered them. They all crumbled to dust without a sound.

After killing all of the monsters except one, I began to look around for the Sans.

Oh! He's probably at Frisk's grave!

That thought gave me no joy.

I teleported to the grave behind the Sans and watched for a while.

"Flower you today, sweetheart?"

His tears dripped down onto the flowerbed where he sat on. My heart gave a twinge.

The Sans looked up at me and his eyes didn't show shock or fear, only bittersweet longing.

"T-thank you..I'll be with you s-soon, Frisk..." he whispered.

Did he just thank me? Nobody should thank me for killing them. Nobody should be suffering so badly that they would be happy to die at the hands of me. 

Maybe send him to the Omega Timeline? ...no. He looks so broken, I really don't know if allowing him to survive would make him happier. Alright...I'll just end his suffering...

"1̷̭̌'̴͖̾ṃ̸̈ ̸̞͝š̸̝̒0̵̳͑r̶̺͝R̷͈͂ÿ̷̕͜."

My strings snaked towards his soul and quickly shattered it, as he crumbled to dust before my eyes.

Dream's POV

I was at the Star Sanses' Base. Ink was currently lying on the couch while I healed him.

"Just a few minutes left," I hummed.

Suddenly Ink sat up straight on the sofa, making me jump a little. His left eye light turned into a blue exclamation mark, and the right turned into a golden flower shape for a split second, before both eye lights turned into green exclamation marks.

By now, I knew that Ink's left eye light only turned into a blue exclamation mark when Error was attacking an AU, the right one supposedly stood for which AU was targeted. 

"Ink! You're still not healed!"

"I'll be fine Dream. I'm almost full health already," Ink rolled his eye lights at me. How rude.

"Fine. I'm coming with you though."

"You sure? Flowerfell's a pretty negative AU."

"I'll manage."

Ink's left eye light turned into a yellow star. "Alright then!" He used his brush and painted a streak of ink onto the floor. We both jumped in the portal and ended up in Flowerfell, in Waterfall.

I looked around at the piles of dust scattered around the place. It was eerily silent.

"Welp, looks like Error got here before us. Probably looking for the Sans now. I'll just teleport to him!" Ink made another portal and we jumped in.

We came out of the portal and saw Error shattering the soul of the Sans.

What puzzled me was that instead of giving off a sickenly positive aura, he was emitting a negative aura.