16 - I won't...

{So I know that I've been using 3rd POV a lot lately, but honestly, it's easier for me. I used to like 1st POV more, but now I'm more comfortable with 3rd POV. So, hopefully you won't mind if I use 3rd POV more often.}

{Also this chapter is a bit different from my usual writing style (and it's also pretty cringy), so, um, just saying.}

{Also also, I'll just be tagging some underrated authors at the end, so...yeah.}

{And...the A/N at the end's pretty long, really sorry about that.}

3rd POV

Ink lay awake on the bed that Blue insisted that he should have. He hasn't been able to fall asleep. Why? He didn't really know.

He turned to face the bedside table and took his stash belt off of it. Ink shook the belt slightly, watching the vials of paint fall onto the bed. 

The former creator picked up a random vial. Yellow. And only a fifth full. Which was to be expected. Yellow was the colour of paint Ink drank the most of.

Ink pulled out a fountain pen from his stash belt, and scribbled down a reminder on his scarf to get more paint. He looked back down at the vials.

He was running low on magenta, too. Magenta represented shame, awkwardness, shyness...and guilt. He didn't use to drink this paint so often. But after Error's and Dream's fall into the Void, Ink drank more of this paint than usual. The reason's pretty obvious, isn't it?

The black and pink vials were almost full. The black paint was for hatred, and the pink one was for lust. Not love. Love came from the soul, which Ink lacked. Both colours he hardly ever used.

The other vials were slightly over half full. Cyan had a bit more than a third left, but it should be enough.

I'll need to refill my paints.

Ink sighed and laid back down.

There should be some back at the base...but it'll run out soon.

The creation of a universe generates the paints, so...

Ink shook his head. "No, I promised I won't create any more universes."

But Inky, you told us that you would bring our creations into the Multiverse!

"Well then, sorry, but I'm not offsetting the Balance," Ink mumbled.

How can you be sure they weren't lying?

...

Do you want to disappoint us?

"W-what? Of course not! I just can't create right now. And I wouldn't create, even if I could. Just go bother someone else in some other Multiverse."

Aww, but most of them don't listen to us!

"Hmm, I wonder why."

Why stop creating, though? It is the only thing giving you emotions. And it is the only thing Fate is keeping you alive for.

You don't want to be forgotten, do you? That's why you even became a Creator in the first place.

Ink curled up into a ball. "I won't be forgotten..."

Are you sure? You know fully well that you don't really have friends, only followers.

Dream was probably the only person who was your friend. And he's gone.

Blue probably hates you for hurting Error and Nightmare's gang!