8 - The Aftermath

{I had a lot of issues with this chapter, mostly since it sounded cringy as heck, but hope you enjoy!}

3rd POV

Ink's eye sockets widened as he fell to the ground. He had just watched his best friend fall into the Void along with the destroyer. Before dying, Ink remembered that Error said something about "dying peacefully", but he couldn't really hear it over the glitching and static. He quickly scribbled this fact down on his scarf so he wouldn't forget.

"Oh stars...Error probably just wanted to commit suicide and...I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I never cared about how you felt! I-I'm so disgusting." Tears started to fall down his face. "W-wherever y-you are, Error...and D-dream, I h-hope you're h-happier t-there."

He created a portal, prepared to start another meeting to tell the others what had happened.

~~~

Nightmare felt a lot of pain in his soul, which forced him back into his passive form. Two balances have tipped. "Ruru? Dream?"

~~~

Reaper felt a pang in his soul. That would only happen if the balance was tipped...but the balance of Life and Death was still equal...Could there have been other balances he didn't know about?

~~~

Blue knew that something was wrong. There was a nagging feeling at the back of his mind. What happened? "Erry...are you alright?"

~~~

Geno could tell something was off. Something happened to Error. "Error? What happened to you?"

~~~

Classic felt a slight shock run through his soul. Since he was the original, he could sense when an alternate version of him died. Now the only question was...who?

~~~

Fresh had come to Error's Anti-Void.

"Yo, my radical glitchy broski? What're you doing brah?"

Fresh looked around and realised that Error was not there. He then saw a note laying there on the ground. He picked it up and read it.

{If you forgot what the note said, you can go back to Chapter 7 and reread it :] }

Fresh felt something wet drip down his cheeks. He then realised he was crying. He was practically incapable of feeling emotions. But somehow...he was crying. He teleported to Geno's Save Screen.

"Geno!"

"Who is i-- Fresh?"

"Error...he jumped into the Void!"

Geno's eye sockets went blank. "What?"

Fresh didn't say another word as Geno dragged him into a portal to Nightmare's castle.

~~~

Ink wiped away his tears as he started the meeting. The meeting room was deep blue, with no visible walls. Moonlight seemed to shine from above. It was as if the universe was mourning for the fallen destroyer and guardian.

"E-error had jumped into the Void."

There was visible celebration. Everyone was cheering happily, except for Ink, Blue, Reaper and Classic.