15

Once Yoongi left his house with Jungkook, he hoped nothing would go wrong. He would just do his best to treat this like any other trip to the store. Though, he did wonder how this was going to affect his plans to get breakfast while he was out. He was hungry and had planned to just eat somewhere with Jimin before going to the store. Could he eat somewhere with Jungkook? The incubus wouldn't be able to order anything, so Yoongi would have to do it for him. Would Jungkook even want anything? He remembered Hoseok telling him last night that incubi only needed to eat every few days.

Glancing at Jungkook, Yoongi figured it shouldn't hurt anything to try to eat out with the tall incubus. With that in mind, he turned and started heading in the direction of his favorite diner. He loved to eat out, but he didn't do it very often because he never wanted to go alone. He liked to have company whenever he would be going out to eat or shopping."Jungkook." Yoongi said to get the incubus' attention.

Hearing his name being spoken by the one he wanted to mate, Jungkook felt a surge of excitement. He looked at Yoongi with a bright smile."Yes, little mate?"

"Stay close to me. Don't get lost." Yoongi knew that he and Jungkook couldn't understand each other, but he felt like it was still good for them to speak to each other. Their words were of other languages, but he hoped intentions could still be recognized.

Despite their language barrier, Jungkook really appreciated that Yoongi spoke to him anyway."Yoongi." He was also very pleased to be able to say the human's name."I will earn your love and mate you. I promise."

"I wish I could understand." As he led Jungkook along, Yoongi noticed that he seemed to be really happy right now. Perhaps he was already enjoying his time on Earth.

"It's so bright and warm here." Jungkook was amazed. This world was already nothing like his home world. He glanced around at the other people who were out and about."The people here look so carefree. They aren't carrying weapons." That confused him greatly."What if there's an attack? Won't their leader punish them for not being alert?" At these questions, Jungkook reached over and grabbed Yoongi's arm."If there's an attack, I'll protect you."

Yoongi stopped walking and looked at Jungkook when his arm was grabbed."You good?" He noticed that Jungkook was no longer smiling. His expression held worry, like he was expecting something bad to happen."Hey, everything's okay." He thought back to what Hoseok had said yesterday."You really do come from a terrible place, don't you?" Maybe Jungkook was on alert because he was used to expecting threats.

Jungkook wondered if he was overthinking. This place seemed much more peaceful than his home world. There weren't constant threats. They hadn't been immediately summoned to receive orders from a cruel emperor. The sky was blue, not dark and weighted with heavy air. Realizing this, the smile returned to Jungkook's face.

"Try to relax and enjoy yourself, Jungkook." Maybe Yoongi was a little worried now. Could Jungkook fit in here? Was he just on edge from whatever he had experienced in the incubi world? What if he couldn't be fully integrated into human society? Resuming their walk, Yoongi paid no mind to the fact that Jungkook was still holding his arm. At least that meant the incubus wasn't going to get lost.

"Maybe this is the best place to live with a mate." Jungkook thought that was a perfect thing. How could he be so lucky to find a world that wasn't full of constant attacks that also contained someone he wanted to mate?

When they reached the diner, Yoongi lightly tapped Jungkook's hand that held his arm. Once Jungkook looked at him, Yoongi pat his own tummy a couple times, made an eating motion, then pointed to the quaint building."I'm hungry. Time for breakfast."

Seeing Yoongi do those motions to communicate that he was going to eat at this place, Jungkook chuckled."How do you keep getting cuter?"

Assuming Jungkook understood why they were here, Yoongi led him into the diner. He glanced at the tables before picking one. He seated himself then pointed at the chair across from him."Go on. Sit down." He watched Jungkook sit with such a curious expression on his face."I'll get you something to eat too. I'm sure you'll love the pancakes here."

Jungkook peered at Yoongi for a moment before allowing his eyes to take in the interior of this building."Mess hall?" This didn't seem right to him. Mess halls were typically much larger than this. Also, the mess halls in his home world were never this clean.

Yoongi briefly looked at the small menus that were on the table and thought about letting Jungkook look through one to pick something, but he didn't really see a point in that. Jungkook wouldn't be able to read any of the options, and he most likely wouldn't be able to identify anything from the pictures. After all, he doubted space incubi ate waffles and pancakes.

Soon, a waitress approached the table with a little notepad in her hand."Good morning. Are you two ready to order?"

"Uh, yeah." Yoongi always knew what he wanted, but he wondered what Jungkook would like."I would like two banana pancakes with chocolate milk to drink."

The waitress wrote down Yoongi's order then looked at Jungkook."And for you, sir?"

Yoongi spoke up again."He's, uh...foreigner." Technically, that was true."So he'll just have the same as me."

"Oh, I see." The waitress smiled sweetly."Your food will be ready shortly."

Jungkook was confused by the interaction but could tell it was nothing bad. He thought the woman seemed nice, judging by her voice and smile."A succubus would never be that nice to an incubus." He wondered if other women in this world were that nice.

"I ordered you some food. I hope you will like it." Yoongi couldn't help but smile at Jungkook right now. Even though they spoke different languages, it didn't seem to stop either of them from talking."I couldn't really tell if you liked the iced coffee or not earlier, so we'll just drink chocolate milk this time. I'll try to help you get used to trying new foods and drinks."

As Yoongi spoke, Jungkook paid full attention to him. However, his attention was soon partially grabbed by a scent that wafted through the diner. Something smelled really sweet and appetizing."Oh man. What's that smell?"

Yoongi got quiet as he simply enjoyed the smell of the diner. It always smelled like sweet pancakes in the morning, and he loved that smell very much. It was one of his favorite smells. As he enjoyed the smell, he zoned out, not paying any attention to Jungkook. He had no idea the incubus was staring at him.

It was pretty quiet between them until Jungkook noticed the woman return to them with a round tray held on one hand carefully. When she got to their table, she used her free hand to take two glasses of brown liquid and two plates of weird round food and set them on the table, one of each in front of Jungkook and Yoongi.

"Enjoy your breakfast." The waitress said as she took two silverware bundles out of the small pouch of her apron and set them on the table.

"Thank you." After the waitress walked away, Yoongi grabbed one of the bundles and unwrapped the napkin from around the silverware."If you don't know what to do, just copy me."

Jungkook watched Yoongi grab two utensils of the silverware and cocked his head to the side. After a couple seconds, he opened the other bundle and grabbed the same pieces of silverware, trying to hold them the same way as Yoongi was.

"You're like a child, and it's...actually cute. Damn." Yoongi could hardly believe that this man in front of him was an incubus from another world. He didn't want to admit it to Hoseok because he didn't want Hoseok to blab it to the incubi, but he thought Jungkook was very handsome, and he found his curious and clueless behavior to be quite adorable. Knowing that Jungkook was watching him to learn what to do, Yoongi began to eat his pancakes. He went slowly as he cut and ate the first few bites, making sure Jungkook could follow what he was doing properly.

Copying Yoongi's actions, Jungkook successfully cut a bite-sized piece of the round food and impaled it with the fork. Bringing it up, his mouth watered at the sweet smell. He ate the bite, and his eyes grew wide. He had never eaten anything like this before."What is this?!" Not phased by Yoongi chuckling at him, Jungkook ate another bite. Then another. And another.

Yoongi pointed at the food and smiled at Jungkook."Pancake." he told him.

"Pan...uh..." Jungkook wanted to repeat the word but needed to hear it again.

So Yoongi repeated it."Pancake."

A gleeful smile overtook Jungkook's lips."Pancake."