Chapter 2: Wayne Manor

ELAINE'S POV

  I held my head, and Jason chuckled from the driver's seat saying,"Good morning, princess. You passed out. I didn't know I had that effect on you."

  I slowly sat up and fixed my seat belt, before I said,"You have that effect on many women, Jason Todd. Don't let it go to your head. I'm not a part of that club."

  Jason smiled, glancing over at me. I looked out the window, as I was trying not to pass out again. I was actually in Gotham. I saw women socializing, children playing, and men waiting for the bus.

  Jason asked me,"Elaine, why are you acting so weird?"

  "Why do you keep talking to me, while I'm trying to see what's going on outside?"

  Jason rested his hand on my shoulder saying,"You know I just like giving you a hard time. You can act how you want to act."

  I leaned over and kissed his cheek. When we made it to Wayne Manor, I slowly got out of the car, and Jason held open the front door for me. I thanked him, before he led me into the kitchen.

  I was in the same room as Alfred Pennyworth. THE Alfred Pennyworth. Alfred Pennyworth knew me, and I knew Alfred Pennyworth.

  Alfred turned around at hearing Jason and I entering the kitchen, before Jason said,"Hey, Al. I'm just here to get Elaine to Grayson."

  Alfred said,"Master Todd, you are always welcomed here. You should stay for dinner."

  I nudged Jason saying,"You should stay."

  Alfred smiled at me before Jason said,"All right, Al, I'll stick around. I'll be back."

  Alfred nodded before he said to me,"Mrs. Grayson, it is good to see you on your feet again."

  Even though I was completely lost, I just said,"It's good to be back on my feet. Thanks for always caring about me, Alfred."

  Alfred replied,"Of course, Mrs. Grayson. You're family."

  I turned to Jason, and he looked upset about something.

  I asked him,"Todd, you okay?"

  Jason double blinked and nodded saying,"Yeah, I'm great. Grayson's in the Batcave with the old man."

  Batman was down there, too? I was going to have to play the part well, even though I was literally just being thrown into all of this.

  I said,"Okay. Thanks, Jase."

  Jason nodded to me, before I navigated my way to the clock entrance of the Batcave. Once the entrance opened, I slowly walked down the steps, and Batman was talking to Nightwing. While they talked, I walked around the Batcave, taking in everything that I never thought I would be able to see in person.

  I went to look at another one of Batman's suits, but Nightwing hung upside down in front of me.

  He smiled at me and asked me,"Have you been here the whole time? Were you spying on me?"

  Seeing Dick Grayson up close, I could see the rips and tears of his suit. I could see the dried-up blood and where the blue stopped and the black started on his suit. Above all of that, I could see just how he struggled to keep from falling on the floor.

  While I was caught up in the fact that he was in front of me, he leaned in and kissed me slowly. I kissed back and rested my hands on his face.

  He said,"I love you, Elaine. Did you get my note?"

  I looked up at him saying,"You should get down from there. You're about to fall."

  He jumped down and wrapped his arms around me saying,"You didn't answer my question, and you didn't say "I love you, Grayson."

  I said,"I got your note. It was very sweet."

  Dick smiled down at me and kissed my forehead, then he leaned on me. I turned and jumped at seeing Batman right beside me.

  Batman said,"I didn't mean to scare you, Elaine. I'm sorry. I just wanted to give you a hug before I met up with Selina."

  I said,"Ooo.."

  Batman laughed, before he gave me a hug and left to go to his woman.

  I looked back at Dick and asked him,"Where's Tim and Damian?"

  Dick looked down at me saying,"I don't know where Timmy is, actually, but Damian is upstairs asleep. He had a long day."

  I nodded, and Dick said,"Have you eaten already?"

  I shook my head, and Dick led me over to his motorcycle.

  He gave me the helmet, before I asked him,"Don't you have a spare helmet?"

  Dick rested his hand on my face and said,"You always tell me about protecting your hair, so you should take the helmet."

  I laughed saying,"Okay, but don't do anything dangerous. Your hair has to also be protected at all costs."

  Dick smiled at me before he got on and I got on behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned on his back. He quickly drove off, and he kept looking back at me to make sure I wasn't going anywhere.

  I yelled,"GRAYSON, PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!"

  He laughed and finally focused back on the road, before his motorcycle came to a stop.

  I got off, and he said,"I'll be right back. Baby, stay right here."

  I nodded and waited for Dick to come back. When he did, he had on something more casual and my guess was his suit was in the bag he had. He held out his hand, and I put my hand in his hand. He led me inside the restaurant, before we waited until our table was ready. When our table became available, the host led us to the table and a waitress served us not too long after.

  Dick pulled me into his arms and said,"Your hair smells really good."

  I pulled away from him saying,"All right, Grayson. Don't be weird but thank you for the compliment."

  He pulled me back into his arms before he mumbled,"I'm really tired, baby."

  I pushed his plate in front of him saying,"Well, you should finish eating, and then we can go."

  Dick quickly ate the food off his plate, and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He smiled innocently at me, before he paid for our meal and led us out to his motorcycle. Once we made it to the house, Dick immediately headed into the bathroom to take a shower, yet I headed down the steps. I didn't know whether my mind was playing games or me or what, but Zora, my best friend, was here.