Chapter 3: Someone Familiar

ZORA'S POV

  I had to go home. I couldn't do whatever this place was. I knew I was no longer at home, but why wasn't I at home? This was one of the few times in my life where I would have rather been at home than out somewhere else. But this "somewhere else," was not it.
  The people here seemed to be in a rush, while others were just casually strolling with their boo. However, I just happened to look up and someone took my phone out of my left hand.

  I yelled,"HEY, I WAS LOOKING AT MICHAEL! I HAVE TO HAVE MY PHONE BACK!"

  I ran after the person, wishing I had on my heels right now. I could actually run fast in heels. It was something I was proud of, but anyway, I had to get my phone back. I caught up with the man and kicked him back into one of the hotdog stands, before I took my phone back from him.
  I let out a sigh of relief when my phone was back in my hand. The guy tried to come towards me, but he was thrown back onto the police car sitting on the left side of the road.

  Once I got a good look at the man who had helped me out, I said,"Thanks. You're really cute."

  He became very shy, but he said,"Thank you. I'm Tim Drake. You are?"

  "Zora. Where am I exactly?"

  Tim looked at me confused, but he still answered me,"You're in Gotham. Are you not from here?"

  Wait, Gotham? Why did that name sound so familiar?

  Once it finally clicked, I said,"Gotham, as in Batman's city Gotham? The fictional character?"

  Tim chuckled saying,"I'm not used to this, but Gotham is Batman's city. He's not the only one who helps out, but he is responsible for making sure it doesn't fall apart. I can assure you that Batman is real."

  I shook my head saying,"No. This must be some very messed up dream. None of these superheroes are real. They're all the same."

  Tim looked offended a great deal, but I just said,"I know you're joking with me, so that's very funny. At least tell me that I'm still black."

  Tim smiled saying,"You're still black."

  I let out a sigh of relief, before I immediately called Elaine. However, she wasn't answering the phone.

  I groaned saying,"Elaine, just answer the phone!"

  Tim said,"Elaine? As in Elaine Grayson?"

  "NO, ELAINE ALLEN!"

  Tim flinched at my yelling, but I was just ready to get into my bed.

   ELAINE'S POV

  When Zora ran to me and hugged me tightly, I knew she wasn't just my mind playing games with me.

  She said,"Oh, Elaine! I've never been so happy to see you before in my life! Get me out of here."

  "I would get you out of here, if I knew how to get you out of here. But honestly, I don't want to leave."

  Zora slapped me, before I yelled,"OWW!"

  "BABY, ARE YOU OKAY??"

  Zora went to slap me again, before she heard Dick upstairs.

  She made a face at me and asked me,"Elaine, who's that?"

  "Dick Grayson."

  She held her head saying,"The one you're always talking about?"

  I nodded, and Dick stuck his head out of the bedroom door.

  He asked me,"Are you okay?"

  "I'm fine. Dick, this is my best friend, Zora."

  Dick walked down the steps and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close.

  I rested my hands on his chest, and Dick held out his hand towards Zora saying,"It's nice to meet you, Zora. I'm Dick."

  Zora shook his hand saying,"It's nice to meet you too, Dick. How come I've never met you before today?"

  Dick looked at me and said to Zora,"I don't know. That's a good question, but I'm sure Elaine just wanted to wait for the right moment."

  Zora smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes. Even though I enjoyed being in Dick's arms, I needed to talk to Zora.

  I looked up at Dick and said,"Can you give Zora and I some time alone?"

  Dick frowned and asked me,"Is everything okay?"

  I said, not really sure of the right answer,"Everything's fine. Please, Grayson."

  He gave me multiple kisses, before he headed back up the stairs. When I walked outside with Zora, I noticed she was just smiling.

  "What are you all happy about?"

  "Tim. Isn't he amazing?"

  Had Tim been here the whole time? Zora had told me the part about Tim bringing her here and everything before that, but I thought he would have gone off to do what he did best. But, he must have wanted to stay with Zora and get to know her.

  I waved to Tim, but I said to Zora,"I thought someone said black women don't read comic books. Tim is technically a comic book character, just in front of you now."

  Zora groaned saying,"Elaine, why do you have to be so judgemental? Relax, let me be happy for once."

  I just hugged her, before I said,"Maybe I should try to talk to Barry Allen. You know, Flash?"

  Zora said,"The one that always messes up the timeline from the show you showed me?"

  I smiled saying,"Yeah, that Barry Allen. Or it could be a different Barry Allen. Either way, Barry may be able to help us get out of here."

  Zora noticed the look that came across my face, and she said,"Elaine, I know it'll be hard to try to leave, but it's the right thing to do. This isn't our real home, and we have no idea how long it will last. Just, try to enjoy what you can, and I'll be here with you through everything."

  I hugged Zora again as I said,"I'm glad you're here."

  "Never thought I'd say this, but me too."