Chapter 12: Comfortable

DICK'S POV

  Elaine looked uncomfortable as she watched a movie from the couch. I had to make sure she was comfortable. I fluffed the pillows behind her, and she gave me a kiss.

  She said,"Thanks, Wing. Appreciate it. Sit down."

  I replied,"I can't. You may need something in the kitchen or upstairs."

  Elaine smiled warmly at me before she pouted saying,"Please, Grayson?"

  "Okay. Okay."

  I sat down beside her, which caused Elaine to lay her head down across my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair and looked down at her.

  Elaine noticed me looking at her and she said,"What, Nightwing?"

  "Thank you for being here with me."

  Elaine nodded saying,"I still don't know how I ended up here, but I'm glad I've been here with you as well. It's been an amazing experience."

  I smiled and said,"There's something I want to give you."

  "Don't spoil me, Grayson."

  I jogged upstairs to the bedroom. I grabbed the wrapped gift and brought it to Elaine. I helped her sit up, before she tore apart the wrapping paper.

  When she saw what the gift was, she gasped and said,"Baby, no."

  "You can't not take it, Elaine. You were worried that when you left you wouldn't remember anything from our time together, so I made this photo album for you. I don't want you to forget anything."

  Elaine leaned back against me as she looked through the photo album. Really, we looked at it together. We had spent a lot of time together and I had grown accustomed to having Elaine here, but she couldn't stay. At least if she had the pictures, she'd have something.

   ELAINE'S POV

  By the time dinner came around, I received a call from Zora.

  Zora said,"Elaine, it's time. Meet me at S.T.A.R. Labs."

  I said,"Okay. I'll be there, but I won't be alone."

  I hung up the phone, before I found Dick talking on the phone.

  I walked up to him and kissed his cheek, then I held his arm saying,"It's time. Can we stop by Wayne Manor and then S.T.A.R. Labs?"

  Dick nodded and grabbed his coat, before he led me to the car. I looked at the house for a minute, then I got into the car. Dick drove slowly, but I knew this was hard for him. I just rubbed his arm the whole way to Wayne Manor.

  Dick and I walked up to the front door, and Bruce was actually the one who opened the door for Dick and I. However, he could tell something was up.

  Dick just said to Bruce,"Elaine has to go home."

  I said,"I wanted all of you to be there to see me go. I'd feel bad if I just left without letting any of you say goodbye."

  Bruce nodded and said,"I'll get Alfred and the boys."

  I nodded and Bruce just looked at me, before he walked inside. Dick rested his hands on my shoulders, and I leaned on his right hand. When the boys, Alfred, and Bruce all made their way outside, the atmosphere felt different.

  Everyone got into the car, and I did my best to keep everyone positive.

  When we made it to S.T.A.R. Labs, I met up with Zora and she said,"This is it."